Can I sue Open e cry?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by enkidu007, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Maybe I am just lucky but I trade with OEC and have not seen any real issues. They had an issue over a month ago for a couple days after their upgrade but since then it has been really good. Not sure what they did but I can say the orders are much faster now and to me that is more important than the data (I have several feeds). You hear all this talk about data and no one talks about what really matters, speed of getting filled. I often have fills less than 30 milliseconds. That is just screaming fast. For free software you can complain, but I just don't think you are going to find a better solution. Believe me I have looked at them all.

#31     Oct 3, 2009
  2. I agree w/ Terminator. A few rough days after the upgrade and now back to normal.

#32     Oct 3, 2009
  3. I agree, if you don't use their charts, and don't use their hostile customer service, and don't trade on days their system is going down, then they are great.

I am glad you two didn't get the deal that I did where their upgrade caused me a big fat loss when there system went down in the middle of my trade.

Then their customer service basically told me screw you.

and hopefully you'll be as lucky with their problems in the future.

as far as their speed, I don't really see that, in the last few months I have traded the ES with 6 different brokers, and I haven't noticed any difference with the execution speed, to me they were all about the same.

#33     Oct 3, 2009
  4. Well Open E Cry's charts are completely down again right now, not sure why I even log in anymore.

#34     Oct 5, 2009
  5. Now you know why I left them yrs ago !!!!

Go to another broker!! Mirus, Velocity, Amp, etc. If you want one of the best setups for hassle free, futures trading, Ninja - Zen setup(with DTN feed as back-up) is hard to beat !!

OEC is for suckers who don't know any better.

#35     Oct 5, 2009
  6. lol, lmao. People like you are actually the ones who brought this country down. Idiots burning themselves at McDonalds and any other idiot believe they are entitled to law suits and big checks for simply being stupid. Hell, is this country populated really by that many dumb people???

#36     Oct 5, 2009
  7. r-in

r-in

Maybe they are losing people. I just got an email offering .50 cents a side plus exchange fees. That's pretty good for retail.
    My neighbors just got a $3 million check for getting hit by a car. She was in some bad shape for a few months, and is still undergoing physical therapy. Not sure of the long term effects, but thats the hard way to make a fortune suing. If only the McDonalds suit actually paid out, maybe I'd go drop a cup of java on my privates. :D

#37     Oct 5, 2009
  8. do you work for OEC customer service?

because that's almost exactly what they told me when I called them for help.

#38     Oct 5, 2009