Can i SUE a Brokerage for refusing me because of my citizenship?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Nana Trader, Mar 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The meaning here, was maturity......only that....The satire was not meant to be personal.

If my post did not help ....then I apologize. Sometimes when traders try to help one another, it is good to get a focus...My only intention was to present a focus...you can take it or leave it.

Who am I?..... to judge?

Michael B.

#21     Mar 6, 2004
  2. Appericiate Nitro

#22     Mar 6, 2004
  3. Why they like to play with me for long time? THEY
    CAN PLAY WITH THEIR BITCHS, not me.

I don't think this is fair....If you are trying to be funny that is one thing but you really come off to be offensive, sir....We do treat our women differently in America, if thats who you are referring to?....

Nitro, I disagree.....Things are not what they seem...

Michael B.

#23     Mar 6, 2004
  4. Nana Trader,

You might want to consider obtaining citizenship in another country and maintaining dual citizenship to avoid problems like this in the future.

#24     Mar 6, 2004
  5. Mvic

Mvic

they are disorganized and their own CSR(customer service rep.) don't know their own firm's rules. You didn't know that before but you do now, why would you still want to do business with such a firm. Even if you manage to get an apology for having wasted your time it won't mean anything, it will just be some other CSR blowing you off. Things like this happen in life you can't take it personally every time, especially when you are dealing with a corporate entity rather than an individual, time to move on. You have nothing to gain pursuing the matter further just more lost time and money if you go the legal route. You are a trader, you know how to cut your losses. DO IT.

#25     Mar 6, 2004

6. So what! Perhaps customer service was not aware and a supervisor stopped the application.

Move on, call it a day!

>>THEY CAN PLAY WITH THEIR BITCHS, not me.<<

Real nice, I can now imagine what your letters and phone calls sounded like.

#26     Mar 6, 2004
  7. :D

#27     Mar 6, 2004
  8. This has nothing to do with America and "generalizing" it.
    We have Iranian bitchs too, Bitchs are all over the world.
    Are you happy now ?:D

I apologize if some people felt offended, since i'm not
    American, so had no idea

#28     Mar 6, 2004

9. What was the purpose with this post? This is a public board and this will be archived, if it does not get deleted....

If you want this thread to be moved to chit chat or deleted then say it.....come out with it...

Frames of mind and culture do effect ones attitude....Sociology then can be void according to you, Nana.....generalizations do apply here. This was just another attempt to present a possible condition. Instead you react defensive....why, Nana?

And yes we have bitches all over the world, My wife is a veterinary technician, and they call bitches a female dog....but my wife is not called that....now, lets see what you do with this last paragraph, my friend.

The satire continues...as this cannot be real....LOL

Michael B.

P.S. Baron, I understand that this is a global forum your marvelous site is participating in. And I fully understand your sensitivity to racism on your board. If you read my posts carefully, nowhere have I crossed the line, however I understand if you choose to delete this entire thread. There are attempts here to bait and to turn this into a racist discussion and please monitor this thread and quickly delete any bashing...

#29     Mar 6, 2004
  10. gms

gms

You're free to sue whomever you wish, the question really is, will you prevail?

You'll need to first pay for attorneys for representation and pay for court costs, discoveries, depositions, etc.

IMO, your claim for damages will be summarily dismissed. During those 7 weeks, you were free to establish a brokerage account with most any other brokerage firm. The brokerage in question did not prevent you from doing so. That it took 7 weeks is irrelevant, it's not unreasonable considering the circumstances. The circumstances are that a foreign citizen wishes to establish an account from outside the brokerage's country. Given that the brokerage is under obligation to be bound to provisions of the patriot act, and is therefore establishing procedures to assure compliance with that act, it would be difficult to prove that anything more than that, such as racism, or the time it normally takes to process paperwork or take such decisions to committee, was involved. It will be reasoned that if you felt at any time it was taking too long to establish the account, you could've gone to another brokerage. And certainly a company can change their decisions regarding whether or not they wish to establish an account, I don't think you'd have a legal basis to hold them to an initial opinion of suitability that they presented prior to the application process itself. Claiming "time is money" isn't the same as proving damages. You'd have to prove the exact amount of monetary damage, you'd have to prove how that monetary damage was incurred by this brokerage firm's negligence or tort, and that the brokerage firm was solely liable for that full amount.

Assuming the above, any attorney taking your money to represent you knows that you'll lose the case, but they'll end up with a sizeable fee out of your pocket. And if you think 7 weeks was a long time to come down with a decision, wait until you get docked on the court's calendar.

#30     Mar 6, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.