Can i SUE a Brokerage for refusing me because of my citizenship?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Nana Trader, Mar 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nana Trader -

There are no rules that require a broker to take anyone as a client. They CAN refuse you simply because you're Iranian based on any reasons they may have.

They might think that if they were forced to go after you for financial reimbursement in the case you busted out your account for more than you had in it (which could happen), they didn't think they could go after you effectively.

They might just not want to deal with an Iranian client.

Doesn't matter if other brokerages didn't have a problem. Just because one broker will take you on doesn't mean ALL brokers have to.

Ultimately, THEY have the right to refuse your account - YOU do NOT have the right to compel them to take your account. And that's that.

#91     Apr 21, 2004
  2. let me guess.. you asked for a discount one too many times right?

in the area where I live we have alot of different nationalities.. personally i dont prefer to do business with Arabs.. the reason is that so many Arabs have a "barter to the death" mentality that requires me to start WAY high with my price and end 4 hours later slightly higher than where I price things for pleasant people.. (I am careful to make sure that my time and patience is compensated for.)

let me give you some good ole american advice for getting along in our culture.. "Don't start none, won't be none."

-qwik

#92     Apr 21, 2004
  3. Yes sir, right , I do understand the reasons fully now and
    that's why i am not after it anymore. Thanks :)

#93     Apr 21, 2004
  4. Are you insane? What iranian has got to do with Arabs?
    It's like comparing Americans with russians.

Because of Iranians are muslims? Then we got Malaysian,
    Indonnesian, Thais, indians, Americans,....as muslims too

We don't even look same facialy, tough Americans and
    russians do at least. Our beliefs and culture are totaly
    different.

Moderators, Why this thread is still open?
    close it now. Thanks

#94     Apr 21, 2004
  5. my friend, i did not call YOU an Arab.. i simply said that i do not prefer to do business with them.. as has been pointed out by many posters in the thread, most Iranians are not Arabs.. It is true however that the CULTURAL practices of Iranians and many Arab nations are similar.. and yes, many of these similarities are found in the common Islamic faith..

just offering a friendly clue, there was no need to take offense..

but you just made my point again too.. see how you became a demanding asshole the minute things started not going your way? demanding to know why the moderators have not closed the thread because you have your turban in a wad.. this is exactly why a brokerage would not want you as a customer.. imagine what you would be like to deal with every day..

-qwik

#95     Apr 21, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.