Can I sue a broker for doing this?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by zorro1, Dec 16, 2007.

1. zorro1

zorro1

Where the hell did you come up with 'MBT'. This has nothing to do with them.

#21     Dec 16, 2007
  2. You accidentally posted as 'akeyla' (see above). Lon Eagle noticed this and apparently you have some problem with MBT, posting as akeyla in another thread. I just assumed. You are akeyla and you have some problem with MBT. You are zorro1 and ... you have some problem with another broker?

Wouldn't surprise me.

Must suck when you forget to log in under the right username.

You're getting batted around here. When the markets bat you around, stop trading. When we bat you around, stop posting. And next time, don't go short 20,000 shares of a $6 stock with $25,000 in equity.

#22     Dec 16, 2007
  3. zorro1

zorro1

Well your assumption is wrong and I don't have any problem with MBT Einstein aka Clairvoyant.

#23     Dec 16, 2007
  4. So your problem with a broker as 'akeyla' isn't related to your current problem as 'zorro1' with this unnamed broker?

Oh, okay, thanks for clearing that up.

Sorry to hear you're having problems with so many different brokers.

#24     Dec 16, 2007
  5. zorro1

zorro1

Ahh. I am so touched by your concern. What a caring, intelligent and perceptive human being

#25     Dec 16, 2007
  6. No problem! There are a lot of good posts here which go over good risk management practice. Do a search and check them out. You can avoid this situation in the future by correctly sizing your positions and sticking to predefined stops.

Also, you can probably avoid posting under the wrong username by having two web browsers and sticking to one of them for one username.

Good luck.

#26     Dec 16, 2007
  7. zorro1

zorro1

And an exceptional mathematician to boot.

#27     Dec 16, 2007
  8. sarah_iru

sarah_iru

I never implied you exceeded your daytrading buying power (The broker would never allow a trade that exceed DTP).
    I clearly stated that you used daytrade margin to hold a position overnight, you used margin money in a way it was not meant to be used.

I can see you've been googling about Reg T, so now you know about it.

So, after your research, it's fair to assume you know the answer by now:
    Q: Can I sue a broker for doing this?
    A: No. They were right.

I'm glad to help.

As for people being STUPID, I guess you're referring about yourself, and not about the people who took time to reply and enlightened you about Reg T, and margin calls.

#28     Dec 16, 2007
  9. You guys have no understanding how multi personalities operate.
    Sibyl didn't know the other people that lived within her, and couldn't remember what each of them did or said to the Doctor.
    So give the guys a break.

#29     Dec 16, 2007
  10. zorro1

zorro1

Also kindly refrain from telling what and what not to do. I'll do as I please and couldn't care less what you have to say about it.

#30     Dec 16, 2007