Can I skip the "Interview/Intensive training" ?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by elitedallas, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Ok so I WANT to risk my $5-10K to get 20:1 leverage - where do I go to do this without the silly fake "interview" and "intensive training", etc.

I am 41 and have been trading since I was 18 - have gained and lost lots of money- I understand the risks, blah, blah, etc.

I just want the leverage and good market access and software platform and to be left alone to lose my money (or maybe make some ???).

Oh, and no ridiculous fees.... I have seen $7/1000 shares mentioned and that would be fine.

So where is the best place ?

Do I need to go along with their "interview" ?
    Will firms that advertise "intense training" forego this if I want ?

Thanks in advance.

2. reduman

reduman

I know of a few places where you can "just trade" with pro leverage. Don't want to pump them on this board.

3. lazy9

lazy9

RAZR Trading will take you if you have some trading experience.

4. im2ill

im2ill

You can try Platinum Plus Trading. They give you low rates, big leverage and you can have your account open in 1 day.

5. Do you have any licenses?

6. What are the requirements at Razr? What are the commissions like?

Anyone have experience with Remata?

Thanks

7. Elitedallas -

Don't take this as a personal attack it's simply a view from the other side of the coin. What you've said here sets off a series of red flags. Quite frankly you're a liability risk to any firm. If I were the compliance officer I would never approve your account application.

For starters, the NASD requires minimum equity to open a day trading account is $25K. There isn't a reputable firm out there that is going to give you $100 - 200K of leverage on a deposit of $5 - 10K. That's the formula for disaster. If you loaded up on a low price stock a 1/4 pt. move against you would blow out your account.

In addition, much of the "intensive training" is to satisfy the NASD requirement for proper supervision of an active trader. While "the silly fake 'interview' " is to protect the firm and other traders from ever having to deal with the likes of another Mark Barton.

In my estimation you're not serious about trading, you just want the juice.

Just-
    My2cents

8. You're missing the most important aspect of the interview process. It's not all about them evaluating you, it's your chance to evaluate them.

9. EliteDallas,

I have heard good things about JC Trading.

www.jctradinggroup.com

I do not trade with them - but pals of mine who have looked into them seem to think they are a good choice.

They will talk to you about your approach. As long as you don't screw that up, you should be good to go. No Series 7 required as far as I can tell.

Good Luck

10. So why do you need a prop firm? With 23 years experience under your belt you should have this environment down pretty tight, shouldn't you?

#10     Dec 9, 2007