Can I recover files lost in an OS Install??

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by Fractals 'R Us, Nov 13, 2008.

1. I reinstalled Vista, was drowsy and was sure I must have backed up important files, now I find that I did not... I did not format the hdd fortunately. Is there a way to uninstall Vista , take it back to the previous installation, or get the files back?

2. Neveeeerrrrr... mind, with Vista it's really easy, it keeps old files...

3. daybyday

daybyday

You can remove problem boot drive and make it a slave drive on another computer. Hopefully you should be able to get to your files that you want.

4. Thanks, i did find the file, it was an Openquant project. There were a number of difficulties just finding it, it was in a hidden folder for openers, then I discovered that it was in a place where the Vista search function just does not bother to look anyhow. I was not able to get it to open with Openquant but I was able to open the code file with Wordpad on an XP machine [I swear, Vista is still not really prime time material]. The code was the only important thing, I can paste it into a new project and I'm up and running.... where's that Aspirin bottle, some blow would feel good right now too... wait, I think it was drugs that got me in this mess in the first place probably :)