Can I lose everything?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by jessieblue, Jan 2, 2006.

1. no, you are very wrong.

you can lose EVERYTHING when trading futures. it happens often-- one example--- being short, locked limit up market-- you are responsible for your losses over and above what is in your account.

surfer:confused:

#11     Jan 2, 2006
  2. What makes it far superior?

#12     Jan 2, 2006
  3. gkishot

gkishot

FXCM is as good as Oanda. At least it is not inferior to Oanda.
    (Explain if you think otherwise)
    Especially for ppl who trade major pairs. To say it's one of the best would be a valid statement.

#13     Jan 2, 2006

4. i'll start out by stating that i am a very small time FX trader currently. in my opinion FXCM is easier to look at, easier to use, the charts are clearer, its more customizable, the interlinked news feeds are simply better and i have never had any issues with executing at the qouted price.

OANDA really needs to put some money behind that ancient platform of theirs. its quite old looking and awkward.

surfer

#14     Jan 2, 2006
  5. gkishot

gkishot

I don't understand it. Why would any broker let it happen. Whether forex or futures broker. The only difference between them is in delivery. But as far as I know futures brokers adopted no-delivery policy.

#15     Jan 2, 2006
  6. I thought the broker has no choice in this situation :confused:

#16     Jan 2, 2006
  7. gkishot

gkishot

They just close out open positions automatically on expiration. IB for example has no delivery policy. You can read about it on their website or contact them directly. I believe it's true also across the board.

#17     Jan 2, 2006
  8. Hi Kastro,
    I will try to answer your question. First of all let me say that I have accounts with both Oanda and FXCM.
    It's hard to say this one is better and disqualify the other, but both platforms offer some unique qualities.
    In favour of FXCM:
    - Always the same spreads (not so with oanda)
    - The platform is rock solid, In last three years I haven't had absolutely no slippage or any other tech. problem. You might find it hard to believe but "Non farm payrolls" is my favorite scalping time on FXCM platform and it works like a "swiss watch"
    - Excellent customer service
    - You can start trading Sunday from 2:00pm EST, when most other platforms are closed, and yes the same spread, and lots of opportunities to make some good pips from 2-5 EST

In favour of Oanda:
    - Lowest spread on all currencies (but only during regular trading hours)
    - Fractional entry, so you can control your position size better

Otherwise, both are regulated and should be OK
    Regards

#18     Jan 2, 2006
  9. Thanks for the reply! Good information...

I am going to stick with oanda unless they don't change things up a little in the next while.

THanks again,
    -Kastro

#19     Jan 2, 2006
  10. Risk Disclosure Statement
    Margined Trading
    Margined currency trading is an extremely risky form of investment and is only suitable for individuals and institutions capable of handling the potential losses it entails. An account with Capital Market Services LLC allows you to trade foreign currencies on a highly leveraged basis (up to about 400 times your account equity). The funds in an account that is being traded at maximum leverage may be completely lost if the position(s) held in the account experiences even a one percent swing in value. For example, if one chooses to leverage up to the maximum 400 times account equity, then a margin of $1,000 may control an investment of $400,000. While a 1% upward swing of the positions held in the account may multiply into a $4,000 profit, a 1% downward swing multiplies into a $4,000 loss, i.e. greater than the initial investment. Thus, an account could lose more than the equity it contains. Given the possibility of losing one's entire investment, speculation in the foreign exchange market should only be conducted with risk capital that, if lost, will not significantly affect the investor’s financial well-being.

#20     Jan 2, 2006