Can I interest you in a little race baiting?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by John_Wensink, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Boy the Democrats are really the lowest of the low.

Florida Congressman: Palin 'Don't Care Too Much What They Do With Jews and Blacks'
    Email
    Share September 24, 2008 6:21 PM

ABC News' Teddy Davis Reports: Florida Democratic Congressman Alcee Hastings pointed to Sarah Palin on Wednesday to rally Jews to Obama.

"If Sarah Palin isn’t enough of a reason for you to get over whatever your problem is with Barack Obama, then you damn well had better pay attention," said Hastings. "Anybody toting guns and stripping moose don’t care too much about what they do with Jews and blacks. So, you just think this through."

Hastings, who is a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, made his comments in Washington, D.C., while participating in a panel discussion sponsored by the National Jewish Democratic Council.

Asked what the congressman meant, Hastings spokesman David Goldenberg told ABC News that he was trying to argue that Palin is an "extremely conservative woman who is out of touch with mainstream America."

After saying that Palin "don't care too much" about Jews and blacks, Hastings argued that African Americans and Jews should come together behind Obama because there are many issues on which they agree.

"Just like Jews, blacks care about affordable health care, energy independence, and the separation of church and state," said Hastings. "And just like blacks, Jews care about equal pay for equal work, investment in alternative energy, and a woman's right to choose."

Asked about the Hastings criticism, Palin spokeswoman Maria Comella said, "We’re taking a pass."

2. It's actually true.

The biggest racists and anti-semites here, like Pabst, love Palin.

3. She had to take a pass, she was about to burst out laughing. :D

4. If any of you are having trouble telling the difference between a black person and a nigger...Hastings would be the nigger.

5. Just when I thought I might vote Democrat they do something like this and reality sets back in.

The Democrats are just idiots.

6. As a rule generalizing is for idiots.

7. 50_Bip

50_Bip

I am so sick of this Republican bullshit that i am looking past stupid stuff like this from D-list politicians and voting for Obama anyways. In this election, you have to choose the lesser of the two evils, and well, ONE of those evils is a well-defined quantity. Also, the Republican party has done their best to distance themselves from me, since I have no commonality with some whacko pentacostal crazy lady.

8. Good thinking. Stick the country with an unqualified president with a record of associating with some of the worst people in the ocuntry because you are a religious bigot. Very smart.

9. But you're just loving Rev. Wright? And a President who doesn't celebrate Christmas? Palins religious views (which have been grossly exagerated by the Jew media) are a heck of a lot more mainstream than Obama's Trinity Church. Palin left her church six years ago. Obama left more like six weeks ago.

10. AAA you always say this kind of thing, yet you never have any kind of facts or logical deductions. If you did you assertions would be more noteworthy (to me). Until then I have to believe you are voting republican because thats what you always vote (no matter what the issues) and you simply know nothing else.

#10     Sep 25, 2008