can i have some advice from succesful traders.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by leorc, Nov 16, 2009.

1. trade futures, they give you leverage if you don't have a big capital to work with, probably better than the prop firm route (exams, series 7, 8, 9, 10, deposit, profit sharing, platform fee.....).

#11     Nov 16, 2009
  2. trade futures, they give you leverage if you don't have a big capital to work with.

Good advice.

#12     Nov 16, 2009
  3. iuykcif

iuykcif

If your system can be shown to be systematically profitable in live trading and if you are able to explain (to investors) that it is indeed based on a reasonable logic, to show that it is well rooted and relatively safe, you would not take much time to find investors who are happy to invest their capitals.

#13     Nov 16, 2009
  4. this year, many "great" traders have blown out

#14     Nov 16, 2009
  5. Get a job, live well below your means and save some money. Nobody but your mother will back you with two years of losses.

#15     Nov 16, 2009
  6. What are you trading? You can find a company to put up capital for you. How much are you talking?

#16     Nov 16, 2009
  7. really? PM me if you know the names of those greats.

#17     Nov 16, 2009
  8. I don't know anyone who blew up this year, but I do know a lot of market makers who are either down slightly, returning less than they do in an average year or they're scratching for the year.

The volatility dying is bad enough, but the volume drop was the final nail. Lots of BD's have just been folding up shop saying it's not worth it anymore.

I just can't help but think that when the house of shit Bernanke is building hits the fan, the market will become that much more volatile because of the lack of participants.

#18     Nov 16, 2009
  9. hajimow

hajimow

In the last two years many lost money and this year many are making money because market is rallying. Don't pat yourself on the back. If market shakes, you will fall again.

#19     Nov 16, 2009
  10. sick:

[​IMG]

I see you still are trying to get employment by reselling icons. you are no less clueless than your attempt to setup an ET advisory based on a few days of angry trades

don't bother responding. The ignore button is reserved for the bottom 10% like yourself

In case you didn't grasp that, you are on ignore... I know it is hard for you...

#20     Nov 16, 2009