can I get your analysis?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by gtizzle101, Aug 1, 2010.

1. pcp198

pcp198

The price bars in the background are distracting, keep piling on moving averages and indicators until you can't see them, then I can start my analysis.

#11     Aug 1, 2010
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Chaos.

#12     Aug 1, 2010
  3. I know this is late. However I wanted to add my 2 cents... I believe BKC is going to be bearish in the long. Just BE AWARE!

#13     Aug 10, 2010
  4. reading all this analysis make me feel so cool, how can you do that so good?

#14     Aug 10, 2010
  5. can all analysis make my trade good or I have to choose those that good to me?

#15     Aug 10, 2010
  6. because I have a Ph.D in every major from every university in the world. Unfortunately I did not trust the charts and didn't take the trade, had I only removed the andrews pitchfork I may have bought it

damn!

#16     Aug 10, 2010
  7. Roark

Roark

Why? The OP asks for your analysis, not an unsupported conclusionary statement.

#17     Aug 10, 2010
  8. if you use a chart to show where price was relative to where it use to be that's all it is. It's showing history. For example "I bought stock XXXX here, and now it's here, see that? I am up XX%" Now if you looked at that same chart and now say, "Well given that it did this in the last 3 days, and when it breaks this area i will be getting short or long"

now the difference between them is one is using a chart to show history, the other is using it to make a investing decision. So no you are incorrect in your thinking saying that "illustration purposes only" are closet TA users.

#18     Aug 11, 2010
  9. ================
    GT;
    Yes; study all the data, 1 year, while helpful, not nearly as important as 10 years. One year Uptrend, but not a good one .......

#19     Aug 18, 2010
  10. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Actually, I do agree with your explanation you gave if the trader is saying "I bought stock XXXX here, and now it's here, see that? I am up XX%"...that's using charts for illustration purposes only.

In contrast, closet TA users will say for example "I bought the bottom and it should move higher" or "it looks range bound". Another example, "the chart shows the economy is still weak" and then later say they don't use TA because their commentary is illustration purposes only.

Simply, any time someone slaps a technical description upon their views of the price action on a chart as an analysis to explain the price action or to explain something the price action reflects...that's technical analysis.

Further, if they deny such via trying to label it as illustration purpose only...that person is a closet TA user that's afraid to come out. :cool:

Hope the above clarifies what I've seen many TA bashers do here at Elitetrader.com

Mark

#20     Aug 18, 2010