Can I Get A Job As A Proprietary Trader?????

Discussion in 'Trading' started by YoungNAmbitious, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Thanks for all the replies, they are very encouraging.....Does goldenarm's comment mean that people usually have to put up their own money?

#11     Oct 14, 2002
  2. rs7--

"I don't think chess is relevant. Perhaps a good chess player would make a fine mutual fund manager, or fundamental analyst, but for traders, discipline and quick decision making are of primary importance. Just like poker."

Vishnu--

"You've obviously never played blitz chess in Washington Sq Park."

---------

Try playing 1/0 chess online :D

#12     Oct 14, 2002
  3. similarities......Right now I earn 80% of my income trading and 20% playing poker. All the skills necessary to play professional poker are basically those in which traders excel at. Someday I'd love to write a book on the subject.

P.S We've got some of the best poker rooms here in Connecticut., so when you move to NY, I'm sure I'll see you here in our poker rooms at Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun.

#13     Oct 14, 2002
  4. Vishnu

Vishnu

hey pokertrader, did you ever play at the Mayfair or Diamond in NYC when they were still open?

#14     Oct 14, 2002
  5. Mohegan Sun.....

#15     Oct 14, 2002
  6. I played at the diamond club a bunch of times. I'm very quiet so you may not remember me even if we played together. Then again I talked with a few people about trading so maybe you are one of them?

Donny

#16     Oct 14, 2002
  7. nitro

nitro

LOL

nitro

#17     Oct 14, 2002
  8. nitro

nitro

What is everyones rating in here? When I was 17, my rating was 1960 - that was 23 years ago.

I think we need to have an elite trader chess championship match...

nitro

#18     Oct 14, 2002
  9. That would be interesting; used to be good, but I haven't played in twenty years or so ...

#19     Oct 14, 2002
  10. I'm 2443

#20     Oct 14, 2002