Can i do two monitors on a Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by arthus, Jun 18, 2003.

1. arthus

arthus

I got this card when i bought a dell 4600. I have been searching the archives but i didn't see exactly if i could actually run two monitors with this card. Should i add another video card???

I appreciate your comments

thanks

2. Hmmmm, I have a VisionTek GeForce 4 MX440 (of course w/the NVidia chipset) and it is dual-monitor capable.

Not to be sarcastic or anything, but have you checked the back of your tower? How many heads/inputs are there for monitors? :confused:

sperrum likes this.
  3. Hubert

Hubert

4. I 'd like to see a comparison among offers from Matrox, Nvidia and ATI. Has anyone done this?

5. Hubert

Hubert

i have had all 3

6. Hubert

Hubert

appian also but its really an ATI card anyway?

7. I believe the Nvidia chipset used on the MX440 is dual monitor capable, but not all boards built with it are.

It's pretty simple to verify though - if you've got two RGB outputs on the back of the card, the card is dual monitor capable. If you have only one monitor output, it's not.

sperrum likes this.
  8. arthus

arthus

I apologize but i dont know a lot about computers. So...

I just saw in the back o f the computer and it has a VGA connector a TV out ( which is a circular connector) and what i think it is a a DVI-I connector... i got my monitor in the VGA so ... can i put a DVI-I VGA adapter and then put my other monitor...

THanks for your help I really appreciate your comments

9. If you have a VGA connector and a DVI-I connector then you
    should be able to run 2 monitors. You can run a flat panel with
    the DVI connector or go buy a vga adaptor for the DVI-I connector
    and run another VGA monitor. The adaptors run about $27 at
    your local computer store...

10. i have vga and dvi plugs in the back of my computer and my scenario is the same as the guys above. i have windows nt but, when i go to properties then settings to choose the amount of monitor it doesnt show more than one monitor. i been reading about it and it all looks easy to do but i dont have the options. can someone help me? thanks in advanced.

#10     Oct 27, 2017