Can I be a good trader?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ntmf, Mar 23, 2008.

1. ntmf

ntmf

Basically, my trading strategy is using S&P future as a director, and use charts to find out the trends and ranges of the stocks, then trying to sell high and buy low.

#21     Mar 26, 2008
  2. ammo

ammo

u put that very simply,you have only been at it a short while, u r earning a living,u r staying within your comfort zone,you will gain confidence with experience,you're doing great , be patient

#22     Mar 26, 2008
  3. tophunk

tophunk

agree

#23     Apr 7, 2008
  4. NazSpaz

NazSpaz

Wow, if you are doing that well after only 5 months you are doing great! I've seen a lot of guys come and go and many of them can't last as long as you did.

You are waaaay ahead of the curve, you just don't know it. The name of the game is discipline and consistency, both of which you seem to have found. If you knew what I knew you would be psyched right now, it seems you are on the right path.

Your next post says you are trading 100 lots, the next step is just to jump to 200 lots, but to not think about the money or let the size jump change ANYTHING that you do. Guys have a hard time making size jumps because they get nervous and start to change their entry/exit points to compensate. Just do what you do with 200 lots, and if you go to $8000 a month, then go 300 lots next month, and so on. Slowly!!! Wait until you are almost bored with 200s before you go higher.

Stay conservative and disciplined, just try to add shares and number of symbols you trade and it seems you are on the path to success. And if you start killing it never tell anyone what you do! Bragging has brought down many a successful guy as the unsuccessful ones switch to his strategy.

Best of luck!

#24     Apr 7, 2008
  5. JB3

JB3

You are ahead of 90% of the traders out there. So what's the problem again? Scale up?

#25     Apr 7, 2008
  6. Coolio

Coolio

Learn options in order to achieve defined risk, do some income trades as a regular part of your regimen.

#26     Apr 19, 2008
  7. >>I've been a day trader for five months but still can only made $2000~$4000 per months and I dont think I could do any better in the future.>>

Well, part of me wants to lambaste you for doing so well, so soon. But congratulations on your success! Given that you are already more successful than most traders, why not just continue to do what you are doing and make a modest living? Better yet, use some of that profit to increase your size, thereby increasing your profit and lifestyle? Your income would only be limited by scale.

I have no idea what your capital is like, but it takes most traders 1M to bring home $4k per month.

However, as other traders have replied, if you do not enjoy it, there are day jobs out there too. I refuse to work that way again, but I would equally hate doing something daily that I loathed, regardless of compensation.

#27     Apr 29, 2008
  8. no...he is ahead of about 99% of traders at this point in his trading career.

keep up the great work ntmf! you are doing excellent. just stay patient and aggressive and greater success will follow.

#28     Apr 29, 2008