Can Etrade be held liable?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by kizzy, Jul 15, 2005.

1. After you lose in arbitration you should be caned repeadetly.

#41     Jul 19, 2005
  2. Exactly. You still have not given us details about how this happened. What does a glitch in the system mean? Did the system give you incorrect buying power figures? Day-Trading buying power vs regular b.p.? Did you have open GTC orders that executed?

It's funny you bring up the fact that you don't have anywhere close to 25k in your account. What does that have to do with your margin ratios? Nothing. It sounds as though you're pretty knowledgeable about the Day Trading rules since having 25K in your account only matters if you are considered a "pattern day trader". Were you classified as one? If so, then you can't daytrade while your measly account is under 25K.

Is that what you're whining about? The system let you daytrade while you were under 25K and you have a day trade call? You didn't know you were a pattern day trader?

Give us more info.

#42     Jul 19, 2005
  3. kizzy

kizzy

hey kjkent, thank you for that invaluable commentary.

as for more info.

hypothetically, let's say you deposit $500 in your account, as little as that money is, you will still be allowed to purchase $30K worth of securities and hold the positions overnight. I don't really day trade so they can't really argue that aspect. even now, i have $0.00 in my account, I can still buy $20K worth of securities. thats really all there is to it, their system just feels that i deserve $20K-30K more b.p than everyone else.

This has been happening for the past 3 mos. it was gravy at first but my losses started accruing exponentially as I took on riskier bets to try to get back to par.

#43     Jul 19, 2005
  4. in canada we have rule that they can not send money to anyone but the account name holder. This would prevent such problem.

#44     Jul 19, 2005
  5. Ebo

Ebo

Great idea!
    Next time you have 8X BP, have them wire the money out of the account.

Why didn't I think of this?

#45     Jul 19, 2005
  6. Why not just bust all the trades you made and take the profits away from the other parties. If we do foolish things that we know are wrong and someone else lets us we should be able to get all are money back. It sounds very fare to me. I think if you made money and they took your profits away you would be singing a different tune. The problem is you wanted to play a big boy game and you lost. So instead on being a man you’re a bitch saying I want my money back Mr. Bookie because betting is illegal. You will never win

#46     Jul 19, 2005
  7. Ebo

Ebo

That's on par with sueing the whorehouse for catching an STD!
    :D

#47     Jul 19, 2005
  8. BSAM

BSAM

Come on folks! This is America! When you mess up here, it's always the fault of someone else!! What are you guys thinking???

#48     Jul 19, 2005
  9. Why not sue your parents for having a dumb kid? Why not sue your college for not teaching ethics or math correctly?

#49     Jul 19, 2005
  10. He probably wont be able to wire the money out, but apparently everyone else could!

#50     Jul 19, 2005