Can eSignal be Trusted?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by StreamlineTrade, May 3, 2006.

1. I have heard from a buddy that uses IQ that it is good and reliable. I think they have some 7 days trial or some sort.

#11     May 4, 2006
  2. Aok

Aok

No problems with Iqfeed. Been rock steady for me.

I use it as a backup feed to power my back up software. When I run my main feed ($) Iq is mostly print for print. When it isnt the difference is milliseconds. Occasional bad tick.

As far as Esignal, it seems like everything they handle ends up something other than King Midas' touch.

Sorry to hear about Futuresource. I suspected that may be the case when DBC entered the picture.

#12     May 4, 2006
  3. We haven't had any reports of users experiencing slow data for quite some time. However; if anyone is noticing a lag in data, we want to help get it resolved immediately. Troubleshooting via the forums doesn't provide us the immediate comparison and real-time behavior that is needed to isolate the cause.

If you are experiencing slow data, please call our Technical Support Department so we can help. For potential causes of slow performance, please see the following article from the eSignal KnowledgeBase.

#13     May 4, 2006
  4. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

I only wish I could!

I have just received an email from a colleague of yours telling me the Futuresource email system is down (for the last 4 days seemingly!), explaining this to be the reason why I have received no reply.

Mind you, getting a functional platform that works as it should is a higher priority than data feed. Only when I have an application that works and is ABLE TO RECEIVE DATA, will I be in the seemingly luxurious position to worry about whether the data is delayed or not.

:confused:

#14     May 4, 2006
  5. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

I have just received a call from esignal.

After some tinkering, one of their support staff has managed to solve the problem it would appear.

The problem apparently was in the applets. The workspace had to be deleted and I must re-build it. No big problem. I hope this solution helps some of the people that PM'd me saying they have had similar issues. The problematic applettes could also have been a reason for data cut-outs.

Thanks to e-signal. Much appreciated.

The promptness of your response has made me look at your company in a much more positive light, and I hope I can continue using your product in the future.

Thanks once again.

ST

#15     May 4, 2006
  6. yes and it appears that esignal is also buying quote.com - oh well - I have been with quote.com for 7 years now - I guess I will have to look for a new quote vendor !

#16     May 5, 2006