Can CQG QTrader do this?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Adam777, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Adam777

Adam777

I know CQG QTrader can chart spreads, and that you have to leg into synthetic spreads manually, into each leg using each DOM. I can't afford their autospreader, and the cheaper alternative CTS Tradesniper misses exchanges I'm interested in.

Consider a synthetic spread with 2x legs. I was wondering if I can set up a conditional order, so that I can have a limit order in one leg, which when triggered immediately enters a market order in the second leg of the spread. This would eliminate legging risk. No moving que holders, just something simple.

Does this exist as a CQG order type? If not, how would you do it excel?

P.S. - Yes I looked through the docs:
    http://help.cqg.com/cqgic/default.htm#!Documents/spreadtrading.htm

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  2. You should look into TT pro. Starts at $420 a month only and it has an autospreader to do all that.

3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

CQG has many conditional orders, one of the is called Order-Places-Order (OPO).
    http://help.cqg.com/qtrader/#!Documents/ordertypessupported.htm
    A multiple leg Order-Places-Order (OPO). The first leg is an order with any regular order type (main leg). Once that leg is filled or partially filled, either one or two additional orders are placed.

You can still get legged.

Adam777 likes this.
  4. Adam777

Adam777

Thankyou!

5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I would think that if your primary trading is spread trading, you should consider TT (Web Based) Pro
    $400 monthly minimum +$.30 per contract (Monthly cap of $1800). As rolando87 said, the pro version includes the autospreader. We can offer both TT and CQG QTrader.

Bob

6. bathrobe

bathrobe

Look into ICS spreads, you do not need to leg/auto spread, they are supported by the exchange, and you are guaranteed a fill. And luckily for you........Q_Trader supports them.

7. Adam777

Adam777

I want to have a look at Aussie10yr vs US10yr spreads, flys using exchange traded calendars, exchange traded ICS treasury spreads etc. I keep going back to learn John Grady's DOM approach, but I'd rather find something longer term so I keep looking

bathrobe likes this.
  8. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

I believe that Order-Places-Order (OPO) by CQG Q Trader do not apply to synthetic spreads, rather applies to the commodity that you trade on. This seems to me more of a contingent order where if one order gets filled, it will place additional orders on the same commodity, not another one.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017