can Blinds trade ?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by WD40, Jul 3, 2007.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

indeed, I remember reading about a blind trader before, I thought it was revshark but I am not so sure any more. Here is another one, Laura Sloate, she manages a $405 million stock portfolio and the Strong Value fund. She has been blind since detached retinas robbed her of her sight at age 6.
    http://www.tsbvi.edu/Outreach/seehear/spring01/obstacle.htm

your friend need to train himself to have a graphic memory first, and the rest is just mater of following a well laid plan, good luck.

#11     Jul 3, 2007
  2. export Es values to a braille display

http://www.humanware.com/en-australia/products/braille_and_speech/braille_displays

I have audio alerts in esignal EFS for aggressive selling/buying and block trades, ticker speed etc. A simple solution would be to calculate +/- ticks from the open and wave file could play the value.

But best option would be to have the 1 min chart up and moving the cursor you export the cursor values, maybe to excel which then outputs to the braille display.

Contact a programmer like Nitro who maybe able to help.

#12     Jul 4, 2007
  3. thn5625

thn5625

You know, tape readers in the past (I dont know about now) trade without charts. They were able to identify trends and patterns looking at the info flashing on a ticker.

Perhaps he will be able to develop a sense of the market that you and I cannot sense b/c he will see things differently.

I suggest letting him trade with you and get him to soak everything in as you trade. Let him form his own structure of the market and see where it leads. It will be interesting.

#13     Jul 4, 2007
  4. Donkell

Donkell

I think anyone who wants it bad enough can do just about anything that is reasonable.

Easy, ask yourself, is it easy for you now with your sight. I agree with "bearbelly, who said it's not impossible but tough". I would add very, very difficult.

I would suggest a seeing partner to work with. There are too many things to look at that go into making a decision on entering a trade or selling to get out.

Don

#14     Jul 7, 2007