Can anyone test the following strategy ??

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by abhay, Aug 26, 2003.

1. My initial results show a 35,000 % return per annum based on the abhay_indicator.

That was based on a 2 day sample.

I'll run a longer test when the markets is slower.

#41     Aug 27, 2003
  2. abhay

abhay

Stock777,

Holy cow !!!! *lol*

I will not be able to digest that much gains...

#42     Aug 27, 2003
  3. GIG

GIG

"Let me say, I believe this will work best on index Specially these parameters are suited to S&P index"

My young cousin believes in Santa and the Boogie Man.

Whether you believe your method will work best on an index is irrelevant.

From a research point of view, you should be stating your arguments as to why you think your strategy would work best on an index.

By doing so, other readers can get a better understanding of your thought process and provide objective opinions, or other advice regarding your process. This is a critical component of formal research (and a very good idea for informal research as well).

If you simply say "I believe in ....", that's a relatively subjective remark, and you can't get much useful feedback from such a statement.

However, if you say "Index XYZ has the following characteristics...my method can exploit those charactersistics...therefore, my method will work best on index XYZ" is a more concrete example. It shows more of your thought process, and other readers may be able to provide other information to help prove/disprove your theory.

Regards,

Brandon

#43     Aug 27, 2003
  4. abhay

abhay

GIG,

My belief comes from my market behaviour observation over a long period.

Though I may be wrong and that is why testing statistically is important. The origin of idea in my mind comes frommarket observation.

I hope most traders know typical S&P range for a day is 12- 20 points on avg. to good days. Minimum movement on range bounds is still 6 - 8 SP points (barring some exceptionally slow days)

So on average if we are getting 12 - 20 points Market does move more than 6-8 points in a given direction (often with little zig-zag, which will not hit your carefully calculated STOPS).

So if I jump in when it has moved 2 points and capture another 2 points on one futures contract it means $100/contract.

#44     Aug 27, 2003
  5. newtoet

newtoet

abhay - do you still see a selloff this afternoon. Market is looking strong here?

#45     Aug 27, 2003
  6. abhay

abhay

New,

I will not call it a sell off.

I will say a stop in further UP movement andDOWN/sideways back in the range..

#46     Aug 27, 2003
  7. Bwahahahahahahahhahaha...

This thread is funny...

It's like 2 monkeys fighting for a banana on TV...

ukya

#47     Aug 27, 2003
  8. Here's the results of a test using your idea from 2000 - 7/31/2003. I pm'd you with the parameters. Thank you for sharing.

#48     Aug 27, 2003
  9. abhay

abhay

Thanks a lot 40yo....

Results look encouraging. I have so many other scenarios to play around with this.

The clear benefit from this kind of strategy is that this is very definitive strategy and no subjective.

You know the price pivots and don't need to guess or watch other indicators. No decision to be made dynamically...

I hope strategy that I am writing also works.... so I can test with my scenarios...

#49     Aug 27, 2003
  10. abhay

abhay

I am wondering if I can feed inthe morning bias of market direction from my forecasts what it will do to the results.

PS: Attached here is the forecast for today that I prepared. I do not intend and expect to start a debate on my forecasts right or wrong, but definitely market direction bias of my forecasts are very good and my past experience with them indicates it should be able to definitely improve the results...

#50     Aug 27, 2003