Can anyone short Jcom?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by heilbronner, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Since 3 days I can't short JCom because my broker says it's on the NASDAQ UPC list.

Can anyone short Jcom despite this?

2. lindq

lindq

I'm long JCOM. I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't short it. Thanks.

3. Yes just put a dummy order in at TerraNova Online you can short it. I have no position in it just fyi.

4. Security is Not Available.

My broker is TNT.

5. SLK has stock available

6. Also just placed and order with TradeTrack you can short it there as well. They have 50,000 avaible they said. My order away from the market went through then I cancelled it.

7. hans130

hans130

Yes shorts available at xoomtrade.

8. Today I wanted to short NFLX, but again not possible with IB. All too often IB doesn't provide stocks for selling short. :(

9. hans130

hans130

you can buy a bullet on the stock and short it.

10. What exactly is a "Bullet"?
    A "bullet" is a hedging strategy to offset investment risk, consisting of a long stock packaged with a long put and a short call. The options and the stock are bought on the same day and the stock purchased will be delivered when either the put or call is exercised. That is where the term "married puts" comes from - the stock is "married" to the option. The put is purchased at a strike price greater than the underlying stock price. The call is written at the same strike price as the put. If the stock price remains less than or equal to the strike price once the strategy is implemented, the call will expire worthless, the put will be exercised, and the long stock will be delivered in order to complete the hedge strategy. If the stock price becomes greater than the strike price once the strategy is implemented, the put will expire worthless, the call will be exercised, and the long stock will be delivered in order to complete the hedge strategy. The option components of a bullet are unregistered, non-exchange traded securities, and there is not a secondary market for them. All Electronic Bullet orders are unsolicited. The position is a day position, and the options are either exercised or expire worthless at the end of the day.

Hi Hans,

you mean selling a naked call??
    Please correct me if I am wrong.

#10     Oct 24, 2003