Can anyone recommend broker/software for Canada?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by kano, Apr 6, 2004.

1. kano

kano

I don't generally trade a lot during the day (sometimes as low as 10 trades) and its primarily on nasdaq and amex. Currently using TD Waterhouse.

2. TD Waterhouse has a minimum commission in Canada of $29. If you can afford to pay this at least 10 times a day you must be doing pretty good! I'd love to learn your methods.

Take a look at Interactive Brokers Canada. They have Canadian accounts and they're supposed to be adding RRSP accounts this summer.

Sierracharts is an inexpensive and reliable charting program which works with the data from Interactive Brokers. Autotrader is a nice order entry platform which also has a playback feature for practice trading. It looks like you don't need much practice though if you're making $300 ++ a day already?

3. kano

kano

LOL...no, I use TD for my personal accounts. I might swing trade a bit with it but generally don't do many trades for those accounts.

I was asking because I was thinking of going it alone (away from the prop firm I'm with). I was just curious about the setups traders are using. I don't think I can do it, I'd need more personal capital...and experience.