Can anyone recommend a good Trade Journal to Replace Excel?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by PennySnatch, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Hi:

I have been using Excel to track my trading, but is there a better solution than a spreadsheet?

Thanks for the help...

2. What exactly are you tracking?

3. Edgewonk is pretty solid.

timdug likes this.
  4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

5. maxinger

maxinger

it is the content that is important.
    besides recording what you have traded, record what signal you have missed.

record what goes in your subconscious mind, your emotion, your thoughts too.

Stocktracker likes this.
  6. timdug

timdug

Yes Edgewonk is great. Much better than the ones I've seen other traders in my firm use. V important to maintain it and review once a week. Would rather not use the broker import as you can get too removed from each trade that way.

7. Diagonal spreads on equity options.

8. Huh...I've struggled with logging these myself. I've given serious consideration to making my own with PHP / mySQL. The 5 dimensional arrays make any meaningful output for that information tough...

PennySnatch likes this.
  9. I realize this post is older but I wanted to mention that I built a free alternative. It's got analytics, metrics, etc. The good news is that it's 100% free (I offer no pay option) and there are no ads... it's just.... there. The bad news is, it's a pretty new site. As such, it's possible or even likely to find a bug or two as you run through the site. :-| lol I do log these and am dedicated to squashing them as quickly as possible (usually within 8 hours). I just ask for patience with these since it's newer and not as mature as some of the pay sites that exist out there. It's at https://www.TradeInsights.net Hope you guys find it useful!