Can anyone point me to a place / room where people actively trade?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Concinnity, Dec 30, 2021.

1. themickey

themickey

Crowd psychology in reverse.
    When someone shouts "fire" in a theatre everyone en mass run for the exits.
    In trading when someone shouts "breakout", half the crowd will buy, the other half will sell and where 90% will get it wrong.

#51     Jan 1, 2022
  2. Fortunately, the chat I am in isn't this retarded.

#52     Jan 1, 2022
    themickey likes this.
  3. Though it is a paid service check out TheoTrade. With 7 or 8 hours of content a day all from professional traders. Tony Rago does the NQ. Don Kauffman (Co-founder TheoTrade) started with Tom Sosnoff at TOS, then when TD bought TOS Don was the education director there for many years. Hope it helps.

#53     Jan 1, 2022
    MACD likes this.

4. Seriously man? Do you think I made a post here trying to find a person or person(s) to get into a room with and have us yelling "BREAK OUT" and we all smash our keyboards to hit the buy button? Where is this coming from? Are you just trying to project your own experiences onto others? I am sorry you've had bad experience, completely aware a lot of people have. That doesn't mean because something is impossible.

You would agree day trading is generally hard for people right? Yet imagine that some people make it work as their full time career. You do understand just because something doesn't work for a majority of people, doesn't mean there aren't people who it can work for? You do understand this concept correct?

I've already stated most people don't have the structure and/or dedication to work together in trading, that was exactly my point related to how there's tons of rooms people can go to, to type in their chat box and find themselves entertainment. Again, I have no interest in this. This is another prime example of why I am a big proponent of voice chat. People don't generally troll on voice and actually will show some respect and common sense(of course not in all cases).

#54     Jan 1, 2022
  5. This is just becoming rhetorical at this point. I simply made this post to see if there was anyone with a like mind, that can comprehend and understand the potential of two traders working together, assuming they get on the same page. That's it. Nothing more, not less.

Clearly it's either a concept people can't comprehend or due to past experiences think it's impossible. That's perfectly fine. I don't need to trade with anyone, just have that preference as to me I find more positives than negatives, again just a personal thing as voice communication doesn't throw my mind into a complete tail spin like it apparently does most people on this thread.

I've said pretty much all I have to say. If someone is conceptually in the same ballpark as me, willing to invest some time to see if we can work well together and wants to actively day trade all day(on a consistent basis working together via primarily voice communication). Feel free to send a message here or send me a PM.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
    #55     Jan 1, 2022
  6. S-Trader

S-Trader

Strongly agree. It'll be very tough to find a free chat that not only offers the specific qualities that you (addressing the OP) seek, but that would also be open to inviting someone of unknown/unproven value. You need to look at it from the standpoint of those already in such a chat -- why should they invite a stranger into their chat when they're doing fine already? Almost inevitably, we all know that a growing number of people in any type of group eventually leads to conflicts and discord.

The only chat rooms like that which I'm aware of started out in already-focused, value-added *paid* chat rooms, where subs generally traded the same style (as taught by the service). From there, smaller groups of traders occasionally broke off and started their own free, by-invitation-only chats -- often because they became disgruntled or disenchanted with the original room/moderators/service (e.g., too much noise, increased prices, personal disagreements with mods, etc.). And typically, such members already had fairly well-established relationships, as well as "proven" track records to some extent. At the very least, they had already demonstrated that they could work and get along with the others.

I suppose a smaller, "breakout" chat could also be started from an established, *free* chat -- but it might be much harder to winnow things (/people) down, because of all the diversity, noise, etc. that typify free chats (paid chats already provide a filter, as @Sprout noted)... and then convince them to form a separate chat with you. If that's the route the you decide to pursue, then I'd suggest first trying to establish and build friendly relationships with like-minded traders you see via private chat (DM)/emails. Eventually, you can grow your trading relationship(s) into a "formal" group.

#56     Jan 1, 2022
  7. toucan

toucan

Concinnity

i think Handle123 said it above. in my experience, it's extremely hard to find traders that trade the same things as you do, trade using a similar process and are willing to trade along with talking with others using voice communication. I trade with a couple of other traders and we trade different symbols, some of us trade using a similar process, and only use text. we have been together for 15 years and over time several others have joined, but we are the only ones who consistently trade day in and day out. we are also different. i daytrade metals and currencies 8-11 est, another daytrades ES 9:30-10 est most of the time, another scalps ES off/on during the day when he is around and another trades futures using automation. we make it work, but we are all different.

i hope this helps
    toucan

#57     Jan 1, 2022
  8. S-Trader

S-Trader

In retrospect, maybe another route you could take is to "advertise" (here in ET, for example) that you'd like to establish a trading chat with like-minded traders, and be as specific as possible as to the trading approach, type of traders, type of chat, etc. that you seek. Might not hurt to at least try.

Pretty sure I've seen others attempt to do that here, but not sure how successful they were in creating what they wanted. But you really don't need a lot of fellow traders to add value to your trading. In the better chats I've been in, usually only a small handful of traders and the mods provide significant value. The rest are either quiet, or just add noise and detract.

#58     Jan 1, 2022

9. This is a very valid post and point. I have no issues with people already being in a group and not wanting to bring someone new in, particularly if they are doing well the risk in most scenarios is going to far out weigh the potential benefits. That's fair and I get it. I just take issue with people posting on here essentially saying people can't work together trading as a blanketed statement.

#59     Jan 1, 2022
    S-Trader likes this.

10. This was my attempt at advertising, maybe it was lacking in the clarity department more than I realized. I agree regarding not needing a lot of people. To maybe add a little clarity I am basically looking for one other person to trade with and work with. Max would be two other people, but it's exponentially harder to get a well oiled machine running the more people you add.

Maybe there's someone else out there like me, who isn't fully established yet, but has turned or is starting to turn the corner. The exact type of trading isn't necessarily an issue on my end. I take all types of trades from scalps, short, mid and even longer term. I view the market both from it's entirety, as well as from a more micro perspective of what's going on at the immediate time on a smaller time/frame scale. While this has it's advantages, there's also disadvantages as sometimes I can miss good trigger points on a smaller time frame via too much information incoming. Overall for myself I still find the pro's outweigh the con's. But in my experience if two people are on the same page and can somewhat share the information load or two eye's better than one type of thing, than it can be beneficial. I've been part of small groups before that did that. They have not been actively trading though lately and they have other ventures / businesses to take care of.

#60     Jan 1, 2022
    S-Trader likes this.