Can anyone point me to a place / room where people actively trade?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Concinnity, Dec 30, 2021.

1. @Overnight @Concinnity @destriero join please not padu.

#41     Dec 31, 2021

2. I'll join if your intention is to have a focus on trading and for people to be open to voice communication / working together. However, for this to work it needs structure just like anything else. Like some of my thoughts would be:

#1 Maybe two-three max text rooms. One that allows BS/Meme's(nothing wrong with a little fun as long as the core is focused on trading) and another one that's strictly for legit trading related post.

#2 Multiple voice rooms. This way people can branch off with who they work best with or want to communicate with, but still be part of the bigger community.

#3 Be as fair and reasonable as possible, but unfortunately also ruled with an iron fist. If people are going to just goof off 100% and not take it seriously, than they need to go. If nothing else for the simple reason that 99.9% of other places they can just goof off or find entertainment.

Not sure if that is clear, but if this sounds at least in the ballpark of what you're thinking let me know. I am willing to invest some time into it and give it a shot.

Thanks

#42     Dec 31, 2021
  3. I'm not trying to build a community. Just a group of people who trade to shoot the shit during the day. I think 5-20 people max. And yes, I will kick trolls mercilessly.

#43     Dec 31, 2021
  4. Overnight

Overnight

I totally cannot remember my password, or how to even retrieve it. Last time I used Discord was a few years ago in dest's channel. Seems some things have changed.

#44     Dec 31, 2021
  5. mikeriley

mikeriley

Can a trader do their own thinking in a crowd?
    Can a trader learn to trust their own judgments in a crowd?
    Can a trader learn to embrace ambiguity and uncertainty in a crowd?
    Can a trader learn to read the market following a crowd?
    Can a trader adapt & adjust after the setups stop working in a crowd?
    Can perception and interpretation of market action increase or decrease in a crowd?
    Can a trader attain & maintain thinking outside the box by following the crowd?

#45     Dec 31, 2021
    Leob, speedo and themickey like this.
  6. themickey

themickey

No no no no no 50/50 no

#46     Jan 1, 2022

7. Honestly, I know you guys mean well, but you are just as damaging to certain people as fake guru's who try to tell you they know everything. You're both in the crowd that thinks people can't work together in trading(judging by your comments), that the negative ALWAYS outweigh the positives. You're either repeating things you've seen others say and trying to group everyone into a little box, or whether subconsciously or not you think you're a guru in your own right.

Really not trying to be rude, but I think it's safe to say you both would roast someone who came on here selling something saying they have the answer for all traders right? Yet, you have no problem coming on here essentially saying that it's impossible for people to work together in trading for a positive result. Do you really not see how crazy that is? I am not exaggerating and being 100% genuine when I say it's literally mind boggling if you truly can't objectively see that.

#47     Jan 1, 2022
  8. And please I already see where you left yourself some wiggle room to plead ignorance, just own up to and admit to making a blanketed statement that isn't verifiable. Because is that not exactly what you have done?

It doesn't matter that most people lack the structure to work together in trading. I can fully agree that in a lot of cases the negatives outweigh the positives. But that is still no excuse to make a lazy blanketed statement.

#48     Jan 1, 2022
  9. Overnight

Overnight

Nooby wants to have a little community of folks who want to shoot the shit while trading. I am totally on board with that.

#49     Jan 1, 2022
  10. Trading is literally crowd psychology.

#50     Jan 1, 2022