Can anyone point me to a place / room where people actively trade?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Concinnity, Dec 30, 2021.

1. I have a private group of signal to discuss about market among my fellow traders. And I have a small room with very light color walls that let me think more holistically. Believe me color of the room really matter for mental health.

#101     Jan 12, 2022
  2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I think you will want to build your own room. Why would the room you are looking for want to have you? You are an unknown entity to them and likely (just on probsblilty) to be non-value add (from their perspective).

#102     Jan 12, 2022

3. Not trying to build a room per say, even if I was still have to filter through people, which wouldn't be much different than posting here. Never assumed I could just post here and find someone to work with in 24 hours, or get tons of invites to rooms. Just made a post seeing if there was anyone else looking for something similar, that's it. If no one is or no one thinks it's worth their time or risk to explore something with me because I am an unknown factor, that makes perfect sense and take no issue with that.

Fully aware of this. I assume not every single person here is a millionaire or has things 100% figured out or everyone works better alone. Someone who is already well established, no reason to bring me in. Doesn't mean there isn't someone else out there like me who enjoys trading via voice and has just recently turned the corner. And maybe all my assumptions are wrong again, but still wanted to make this post just to see. It isn't any more complicated than this.

#103     Jan 12, 2022

4. Yeah, man your signals and insights to the markets were amazing, best in the business I've seen so far. If there's a place I can rate your room let me know.

#104     Jan 12, 2022
    naturecumforexlover likes this.
  5. Thanks for the feedback man!

#105     Jan 20, 2022
  6. I can't disagree more. Most all senior traders in prop teams at banks spend a majority of their time talking to mates at different banks, analysts, and the like. The quest is to get a feel where others are at and to look at things from a different perspective. Or to motivate constructive criticism. Why do you think PMs are regularly summoned into hedge fund offices to debate and defend their positions. Critical thinking is absolutely vital in this business.

The benefit is imo undebatable to collaborate and discuss market views but the real challenge is to find the right people. I am looking for similar small group than OP as an experienced trader. One of the reason I signed up here is to find a few and to ask some very targeted questions and share experiences in the algorithmic trading section.

I see this is not for everyone and everyone must do what they do and how they do it best. Working solo might be the perfect setup for you but I am a macro guy and I absolutely benefit from my contacts that I share ideas with.

#106     Jan 25, 2022
  7. Well, for those who are still looking...

Earlier this week I had been trying to find a group where EliteTraders may be hiding at. Seems every other group to do with derivatives etc, is just people trying to sell you something (I already mentioned this elsewhere on this forum), lol.

I made a discord group here, just to see if we can get one to be successful.

https://discord.gg/H3YREYUr

#107     Jan 25, 2022
    murray t turtle likes this.
  8. comagnum

comagnum

If your lonely from trading you probably lacking a sense of purpose - having a passion outside of trading you can't wait to get to the minute your done .

For myself I like trading alone - the most important conversations I have about trading are in my trade journal.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
    #108     Jan 25, 2022
  9. %%
    YOUR are looking @ such a place right noW.
    AS far as nq+ ES all day most likely no such animal, but that's my personal opinion + any exceptions prove the rule. General info \except stuff like 2000 dma = mostly useless/:D:D

#109     Jan 26, 2022
  10. wild1

wild1

Here is the invite to the discord room that I am in. It is free and planning to remain free. Also has a bot that can be used to check gamma levels on tickers. https://discord.gg/FuHy5fMk

#110     Mar 31, 2022