Can anyone give some tips on Series 7 exam?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Bluedog, Sep 5, 2003.

1. gimp570

gimp570

Yes...If you have no idea about an answer pick C
    Most of the answers are C
    No kidding!

M

#31     Sep 8, 2003
  2. seisan

seisan

Now M,

C'mon, you're gonna lay that out with no substantiation?! :confused:

You've flat-out stalled the thread with a statement
    that has either turned off any further contributors,
    or,
    everybody whose been sweatin' the 7
    has closed their books, shut off their computers,
    and headed on down to the exam
    blindly confident of c-redemption...! :eek:

You gotta come clean!

Think of all the new newbies coming on ET
    and searchin' out this well-contributed thread
    for total trader-reliable info. :(

Substantiate today, or fess up!

Or Bluedog's gonna be lookin' you up! :D

#32     Sep 10, 2003
  3. mdmbud

mdmbud

I have two books and a couple tapes for the series 7 exam, will sell them for $100

#33     Sep 10, 2003
  4. There are about 15 STC practice tests that come with the book and includes answers. Do not study ANYTHING that is not written by the Securities Training Corporation. It's a waste of time! I strongly recommend the following strategy:

1. DON'T READ THE BOOK. The only section you need to read and understand is the Options section.

2. Do at least 1 or 2 practice tests a day. Take each test twice. The first time, mark all of your wrong answers and read the answer key. You'll probably get a 40% the first time. Don't worry. Take the test again and you should score almost 100% (since you know the answers). Then take the next test and repeat the sequence.

Each test gets progressively harder and builds upon the answers from the prior tests. Tests 13 and 14 are very similar to the actual Series 7.

This technique lets you understand the way the test writers phrase their questions and prepares you for their tricks. YOU MUST DO ALL OF THE PRACTICE TESTS, not just a couple!

Remember, STUDY THE ANSWER KEY!! This is the secret to passing the test!

Everyone I know who prepares this way has scored at least an 85%. You only need a 70% so reading the book is really unnecessary. Plus it will shave off 40 hours from your total study time.

Good luck!

P.S. Time is not a factor. I finished the test in 4 hours and got a 90%!

#34     Sep 10, 2003
  5. Bluedog

Bluedog

Thank you all for your replies and help. Lots of great advice posted and I appreciate them all.

ET is sure a great place! :)

Bluedog

#35     Sep 12, 2003
  6. jc0204

jc0204

Hi everyone,

Will be taking my Series 7 exam soon, taking STC classes this week in Costa Mesa, CA. I am encouraged to learn that I have gone to the right place for classes. I appreciate the advice on doing the practice exams repeatedly, hence, I was wondering if anyone of you out there has recent STC practice exams CDs for bonds/munis, margins and options you would like to part with cheaply :)

Let me know,

tks much.
    jc

#36     Jun 8, 2004