Can anyone explain this broker response?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by John Paterson, May 17, 2008.

1. we were just getting the story 3rd hand so I am sure there is parts of the story we're missing. I find it hard to believe that any broker who still has big clients on a per trade basis is going to be so stupid as to lose one on an excuse like that.

i am guessing we just dont have all the true facts

#41     May 20, 2008
  2. You were deceived by the broker. We got deceived easily during our learning years, understandable.

When I first started trading, I signed up with sharebuilder.com. That shit broker's data is 20 minutes delayed. I didn't know that when I started trading. I picked sharebuilder.com because I looked at its Internet advertisement and it had the lowest commission rate. No one told me a thing about trading, I did everything by trial and error.

So I started trading at sharebuilder.com. When I sent in a limit buy order (I had read something about the difference between limit order and market order before I placed the order), it didn't get filled even if the chart showed the price was LOWER than my bidding price. So I changed my limit order to market order and it got filled, but the price was way higher than what I saw on the chart. After a few times like that, I realized the chart on my computer screen was HISTORY by 20 minutes!

That is just one of the many stupid mistakes I made during the learning process.

#42     May 20, 2008