can anyone confirm the settlement price on ES today?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by jgold310, Aug 21, 2009.

1. jgold310

jgold310

I am holding some options on the ES and I was looking for the final settlement on the ES for today friday august 21st.

Was it 1025.50? Can anyone confirm this?

2. CMEGroup shows 08/21/09 settlement as 1025.25 for ES and 1025.20 for SP.

3. Here you go

4. You are supposed to ask the questions before you buy/sell, not after.

The contract specification clearly states: "Option exercise results in a position in the underlying cash-settled Futures contract. Options which are in-the-money on the last day of trading are automatically exercised. QUARTERLY OPTIONS are exercised into expiring cash-settled futures, which settle to the SOQ calculated the morning of the 3rd Friday of the contract month. SERIALS are exercised into underlying cash-settled futures at their closing price on 3:15 p.m. on the 3rd Friday of the contract month"

http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/equity-index/us-index/e-mini-sandp500_contractSpecs_options.html

You will be short one Sep 09 ES contract at 1025.25 on Sunday evening. Lot of risk for one tiny tick in the money.

5. After a PM I need to correct that post.

Anyone short one AUG 1025 ES Call will be short one Sep 09 ES contract at the strike price of 1025.00 on Sunday evening. Any owner of one AUG 1025 ES Call will be long one Sep 09 ES contract at the strike price of 1025.00.

6. The LAST PLACE ON THE PLANET TO GO FOR A REAL TIME QUOTE ON SOMETHING YOU ARE TRADING IS ON ET.

ABOUT 90% OF THE POSTERS ON HERE HAVE NEVER TRADED ANYTHING IN THEIR LIFE.

IF THEY HAVE THEY PROBABLY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO GET A QUOTE ON WHAT YOU ARE TRADING.

HERE IS MY ADVICE.

CALL YOUR BROKER.

IF THAT DOES NOT WORK, CALL THE EXCHANGE.

PLEASE NOT ET posters.

Successfully,

Alex L. Wasilewski
    Co-Founder & Head Trader
    Trades That Work
    www.puretick.com
    1-877-GOLONG1 (1-877-465-6641)