Can anyone at IB tell us when native NYSE hidden orders will be supported?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by trader422, Jun 21, 2012.

1. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

I am told that it is enabled for API.

We are working on NYSE RLP; it should be on line within 2 weeks.

#51     Aug 2, 2012
  2. Bob111

Bob111

once again-how exactly hidden smart works? if it's "simulated by IB"(as it was on your website on all exchanges and ECN's except island,where hidden is native)-then it's useless.
    cause imo it's impossible to simulate,unless you place a hidden order to buy and some one literally steps on it with size that was bigger than yours.

if it's something different than that-then it might be interesting.

#52     Aug 2, 2012
  3. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

It is native. I explained how it works in my post from 7/3.

#53     Aug 2, 2012
  4. Bob111

Bob111

Thank you! i'll try it tomorrow

#54     Aug 2, 2012
  5. Very busy trading day today, but I did grab a few minutes to submit some SMART routed orders with the hidden attribute for NYSE stocks, using the same API code that formerly sent these orders straight to ISLAND (where of course they were dead poop). Based on my limited testing, the new routing seems to be performing as advertised - my orders went straight to NYSE (as they should have for these particular stocks) and were hidden (and one actually got executed).

I would like to tentatively nominate IBsoft for King of the Universe, pending further testing of hidden orders and rollout of the RLP order type ... Thanks IBsoft!

#55     Aug 3, 2012
  6. Is there anyway to get a hidden limit order to route out if it's marketable away?

I tried testing these today and I was a 6.80 bid for 400. I got filled on 200 and remained 6.80 bid for the balance (on BATS). The best offer away ticked down to 6.80 and remained there for about 7 minutes but my order just sat there. In this instance I'd like my hidden order to lift the offer - that possible?

#56     Aug 9, 2012
  7. sprstpd

sprstpd

Seems like your expectations are too high for this order type. Cancel and reroute?

#57     Aug 9, 2012
  8. I could do it myself, but feels like something SMART routing should handle. Obviously, it's in IB's best interest to execute whenever possible.

#58     Aug 9, 2012
  9. sprstpd

sprstpd

Ah you mean you did a SMART hidden order, not just a direct BATS order. I misunderstood.

#59     Aug 9, 2012
  10. My fault - should have made that more clear. Anyhow, I talked to IB and the customer service guy told me that it should have lifted the offer in that instance. It's now been turned over to the IT group and I'm awaiting a message center response. If I ever hear back on a fix, I'll pass the word along here.

#60     Aug 9, 2012