Can anyone at IB tell us when native NYSE hidden orders will be supported?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by trader422, Jun 21, 2012.

1. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

The smart routing decision will be made in the same way as it is currently done for all visible venues, except only the subset of venues that supports native hidden orders will be eligible.

e.g.
    - say that the visible smart currently decides on the following preference of venues: VEN1, VEN2, VEN3, VEN4, VEN5 ...; this results in the visible order being routed to VEN1

- now assume that only VEN3 and VEN5 support native hidden orders; the smart will route a hidden order to VEN3

#31     Jul 3, 2012
  2. Ok ... I think I'm in love with IBsoft, but I will not actually propose marriage until it happens ... can someone please post to this thread when this is implemented?

#32     Jul 3, 2012
  3. Bob111

Bob111

--------- now assume that only VEN3 and VEN5 support native hidden orders; the smart will route a hidden order to VEN3---------

which will be ISLAND in 99.9%.customer's problem solved without moving even a a tip of the finger

#33     Jul 3, 2012
  4. Awesome. Looking forward to it.

#34     Jul 9, 2012
  5. You have been a et member for 1 decade and all you can afford is a 10" notebook? :)

#35     Jul 9, 2012
  6. Bob111

Bob111

what are you trying to say? i have a room filled with PC's,UPS's and fastest possible internet in our area..10" netbook was bought as a back up like 5 years ago..never use it before this day...shit happens..i get it..but not to such extend,when 10+ years customer can't liquidate his positions,because he is literally lost after clean install of current TWS.

read this post once again..50 positions..even if there is a 1K per position-it's would be a 50K. relax bro..i can afford pretty much ANYTHING..what a fuck is your point? are you are trying to say that i should buy a fucking latest ($1500+)notebook every year? fuck that..fuck depreciating assets..not my style..

#36     Jul 9, 2012
  7. sprstpd

sprstpd

I'm curious if the number of f*cks in your posts is related to how much money you won/lost on a particular day. You definitely have an entertaining writing style.

#37     Jul 9, 2012
  8. I'd give a trader even more credit if he can make $$ with a Commodore 64 and a carrier pigeon. Keep the IT infrastructure cheap and keep the profits large, I say.

#38     Jul 10, 2012
  9. Bob111

Bob111

obviously-there is some inverse correlation :)

#39     Jul 10, 2012
  10. And there's nothing wrong with a Commodore 64, especially with a 300 baud modem.

Have to as though .. why so much interest in hidden orders?

I mean, you're asking for shitty queue priority here.

Does this really outweigh the information retention?

Perhaps you're buying the whole company? :confused:

#40     Jul 10, 2012