Can anyone at IB tell us when native NYSE hidden orders will be supported?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by trader422, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Agreed, monstimal ... in my post above where I said "except maybe AMEX", I meant to say "except maybe ARCA" ... don't know about AMEX ...

#11     Jun 22, 2012
  2. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

- the Mosaic has been developed with the purpose of targeting a particular audience; you surely must know that Mosaic is optional; you can use it if you like, or you can continue trading with the full-feature TWS - we are not planning to de-support it

- you can upgrade to a new version of TWS when YOU chose; if you are happy with a particular version you can stick with it at least for a year
    - speed and quality of execution and routing are very important to us; we believe that we are one of the best (if not the best) brokers in this area

- we can not jump onto implementing every little order type and feature that the most vocal ET posters decide to demand; approximately a year or so ago in response to a great ET outcry we added 'native pegged orders' - only to find ourselves greatly disappointed by the number of trades it generates

- the hidden orders used to be supported by ISLAND a while ago, and then they were pulled due to various limitations the regulators imposed; the environment is changing and their use and adaptation may be on the raise again; the hidden orders have their (sometimes unexpected) quirks - e.g. they yield their priority to all the visible orders at the same price; having said all this - we will look into adding them to the platform

- if you'd like any other specific feature added, please post your request to the Customer Feature Poll

#12     Jun 22, 2012
  3. Bob111

Bob111

couple days ago i had a 'pleasure' of installing and using TWS stand alone from scratch. no settings saved.internet was down in our area and i have to use my 10" notebook to close around 50 stock positions in order to avoid another pleasurable feature called 'auto liquidation'.
    and what a fun that is..what i suggest you(IB team) to do is to invite someone,who have some experience in trading,but not with your platform and ask him to do the same. give him a list of stocks,prices and specific amount of shares to buy and sell, let him install TWS, open and close 30-50 positions on various instruments. on 10" netbook and see,how long it would take for him to do that. count cursing words during this exercise.
    i'm a client o IB for more than a decade..i thought i know your TWS like my five fingers...nope...it took me A FUCKING HOUR to find out how to get my old,simple classic layout. it's so fucked up on so many levels-it's fucking beyond me,how to fuck anyone in his right mind can come up with something like this. the number of things that are annoying,useless or not working or overlaying basic features(such as price ladder by default) is endless.
    you doing a fucking great job,complicating things. IB programmers and whoever design this shit are fucking experts in it. keep up the good work folks!

#13     Jun 22, 2012
  4. Sigh ...

Respectfully, IMHO, new order types at major exchanges are different than random "features": "just do it!" ... support all new order types ASAP after the exchange creates them in response to the latest HFT request.

Anyone have any advice for me on brokers that support the NYSE hidden order type?

#14     Jun 22, 2012
  5. sprstpd

sprstpd

I have tried before to get IB to implement ARCA hidden orders because I know I'm being pennied by hidden orders sometimes. I started a ticket and I started a feature request and nothing ever came of it. This was probably a year ago.

Hidden orders are the only way to combat auto-penniers in an effective manner, especially in low volume securities. I am surprised IB has not been more proactive on this front.

#15     Jun 22, 2012
  6. Bob111

Bob111

100% right. and this is suppose to be top priority(speed,reliability,execution quality),if you want to stay on the top of the game. as markets and exchanges evolve so should brokers. and the first thing they SHOULD do is accept orders,that are currently supported by exchanges\ecn's. ORDERS,ROUTING, not some fucking random buttons,menus and other useless features..
    btw-your(IB) f**ed up charts are not displaying current bar info,even if you click on it(while all other bars do,but still-now require to click on each bar,not just moving cursor over it to see this info(as it use to be)). so it was good before,but someone did stepped in and fucked the things up..as usual..

#16     Jun 22, 2012
  7. dst

dst Interactive Brokers

Currently posted browser production build 928.1 has this problem addressed; we will shortly refresh older builds with this fix.

#17     Jun 25, 2012
  8. pls post here when that is done so we can upgrade. thx

#18     Jun 25, 2012
  9. dst

dst Interactive Brokers

This was done few days ago, the builds 926.8 and 927.7d and above have this fix.

#19     Jun 29, 2012
  10. Are any of the hidden orders native on the exchanges, or are they all simulated?

#20     Jun 29, 2012