Can anyone address these problems w/IB?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by o10maximus, May 28, 2001.

1. Well I must say that I'm surprised none are. Your platform seems to be the best of the bunch - for daytrading anyhow.

#11     May 29, 2001
  2. def

def Sponsor

there are some that do but I can't release names. Also if you know of others, have them contact a sales rep.

#12     May 29, 2001
  3. "there are some that do but I can't release names"

Any hints on figuring out which?;)

Are they FCM's, IB's, both? are the using the front end only or using your back office as well?

The reason I ask is that they would be a good short term solution until IB gets the OK to accept Canadian accounts again.

Cdntrader
    laptc3m@yahoo.com

#13     May 30, 2001
  4. p2

p2

At the risk of sounding dumb :) What's a FCM?

Also a quick question regarding shorting with InteractiveBrokers. When shorting a stock, is it still possible to route the sale to an ECN? My current broker can only offer direct access for long positions.

#14     May 30, 2001
  5. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

FCM = Futures Commission Merchant - Its a designation/license given by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) that allows an entity to act as a broker and advisor for futures trading.

Yes to your second question. I didn't realize there were brokers that only allowed direct access from the long side. I would look for another broker.

Kirk

#15     May 30, 2001
  6. dlincke

dlincke

AFAIK there's some futures brokers in Germany that use IB's TWS and backend to offer FDAX trading to their customers.

#16     May 30, 2001
  7. FYI.....Price Futures Group and Rosenthal Collins also offer IB's TWS. There are more I'm sure...

#17     Jun 4, 2001
  8. oops..i was wrong..Rosenthal Collins is offering Patsystems now.

#18     Jun 11, 2001