Can any full time day traders that trade stocks please raise their hands?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rin4et, Oct 25, 2017.

1. richie90

richie90

99% of the time, I never hit the bid or the offer. I never run after a stock.
    Yes, I do occasionally rest orders away from the market price, especially with MU since it a daytraders dream stock IMO.
    MU is my favorite for being risk adverse. If and when AMD goes below $8, I will stop trading it and select another stock from my 6 stocks watch list. Watch list criteria is >4m+ daily volume, $10-$20 price, daily range (+-) 20-50+ cents.
    CNBC is OFF, only aware of earnings date of my 2 trading stock and about 5 related.

#21     Nov 5, 2017
    777 likes this.
  2. 777

Are you not worried about adverse selection with orders resting in the market (algos sub-pennie in front of you when things look good and letting you fill when the price is more likely to go against you)?

Mu often flows well with the market; do you follow market flow with indicators like the ticki, or tick, etc?

Do you favor NASDAQ over NYSE (or visa versa) for any reason?

Thank you for sharing.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    #22     Nov 5, 2017
  3. jordi-pt

jordi-pt

This is way he is trading superliquid stocks with basically 0 spreads (my guess)

#23     Nov 5, 2017
    777 likes this.
  4. 777

Do you prefer the two stocks you select from your candidate list be correlated in some way?

#24     Nov 5, 2017
  5. 777

Mu is far outside your watch list price criteria.

What is your take on MU?

#25     Nov 5, 2017
  6. richie90

richie90

Only correlations that matter for me ... is that their is price action(volatility), high daily volume (liquidity), affordability ($10-$50 per share) ... and for lack of a better word " a stock that's not going, to go out of business overnight"

#26     Nov 5, 2017
    777 likes this.
  7. richie90

richie90

My watchlist are 6 stocks that in the $10 to $20 range ....keeping my eye on them ... and will start to trade 1 of them, only when 1 of the two stock that I currently trade, become unsustainable to me ... meaning less that $8 or more than $50.
    MU is approaching $50 ... when that happens , I will drop MU and find another candidate from my watch list to trade. AMD is also approaching $8 ... I will do the same and drop AMD if that happens.
    In the wide world of stocks , there are many that meets my requirements of Vol, Price and daily range. I only trade any 2 stocks at any given time. And usually stay with them for a long time.... because they keep giving and giving ...
    I don't personally have a "take" on MU or AMD except it can make me money daily.

#27     Nov 5, 2017
    777 likes this.
  8. richie90

richie90

I favor NASDAQ only because of pre-market and after-market trading opportunities.
    Algos, news, geo-politics etc etc etc ..... are only noise to me .... they do their thing ... and I trade the price action....
    Sub-pennies traders are on a different level than me, I trade for 15-50 cents profits and a fraction of a penny is not that important for me. Price per trade is more meaningful to me.

#28     Nov 5, 2017
    777 likes this.
  9. 777

Do you watch the market action, perhaps up and down ticking stocks or the futures, as well- to help trade your stocks?

Do you pay attention to anything other than price, like Level 2 or the order book?

You have been doing this a long time now and through worsening conditions.

#29     Nov 5, 2017
  10. jordi-pt

jordi-pt

Just curious, how long have u been trading this strategy? I know a guy doing something similar but trading oil related stocks

#30     Nov 6, 2017
    777 likes this.