Can an UK printer work in US ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by regough, Jun 12, 2003.

  1. regough


    On Monday I am moving back to the US from the UK. I have a HP Deskjet 930C printer which was purchased in the UK(240 V)

    My question is: Is there a transformer(or something) I can hookup so I can use the printer in the US with 110 V ? ?

    It didn't cost a whole lot when I got it (and they cost even less now) but nevertheless if I can still use in the US, I'll bring it with me otherwise I'll find someone to give it to.

    Any electrical engineers out there? Thanx

  2. TGregg


    Check with travel stores in the UK to see if you can find an 220 to 110 adapter.
  3. It should be 12 or 20V DC at the printer. You just need the US power supply.

    If you have to buy from a 3rd party (e.g. radioshack), make sure all the numbers match.


    Have it shipped to your US address to save on delivery costs.
  5. regough


    Thanks for the info and great link-

    I'll bring it with me !