Can A High School Control A Student's Off Campus Speech?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Mar 20, 2007.

1. True the question is where do we draw the line. Everybody wants free speech when it agrees with thier views and is less agreeable when it opposes their views.

#11     Mar 21, 2007
  2. Bad taste. You just don't understand what liberalism is about. The ACLU vigorously defended neo-Nazi's right to march in Skokie, IL.

#12     Mar 21, 2007
  3. While the ACLU did win the case, it was a costly victory--30,000 of its members left the organization. And in the end, ironically, the Nazis never did march in Skokie.

According to David Hamlin, executive director of the Illinois ACLU, "...the Chicago office which chose to provide legal counsel to neo-Nazis who have been planning to march in Skokie, has lost about 25% of its membership and nearly one-third of its budget."

#13     Mar 21, 2007
  4. I would settle for a kit with a photo of you and a caption that said:

"I am past my prime, and all I can do is talk about the past...

Glory Day, they pass you by..."

:( :( :(

#14     Mar 21, 2007
  5. Don't know about you but I'm having my biggest quarter in 12 years. And we ain't talking chump change.....

#15     Mar 21, 2007
  6. 12 years..

LOL.

They should name some comet after you...

#16     Mar 21, 2007
  7. Hmmm..I know guys like this..They are often the voice of every chamber of commerce shill,screwing over the people who actually have to work for a living . Typically they made their money trading in the pits of Chicago or New York in the easy money days, wisely cashed out and are now loaded,in their mid 40's and think their success was well earned. A hairpeice and a penchant for pursuing teenage latinas come with the territory.

#17     Mar 21, 2007

8. I still have my own hair......:D

#18     Mar 21, 2007
  9. No, I think hair on your head is what he meant, not the hair on your back...

#19     Mar 21, 2007
  10. Sounds like a damn good life. I'm jealous :confused:

#20     Mar 22, 2007