Can $850 be turned into $10,000?

Discussion in 'Journals' started by oten, Dec 17, 2003.

1. sure, you can do it. however, much risk needs to be faced and likely blow out awaits. i wish you the best !!!

good luck,'

surfer :)

#11     Dec 19, 2003
  2. Fantastic! With luck you'll run across your caps lock key while in the process of downloading your *manufactured* account statements to ET.

Lordy, why do people find the need to post statements w/o the faint possibility of auditing said statements. Masturbation w/o the payoff.

arb.

#12     Dec 19, 2003
  3. oten

oten

When I saw the thread had been closed I did not trade the "trial" account.

I found today that the account only has $580.00 in it and I am not sure it will be tradable Monday. The day margin is $500.00, so I may be permitted to trade it. The margin is low, but commission is high - $10.00+.

Clearly if I can trade it, there is only room for a 1.25 point loss before creating some profits. So the experiment may be indeed short.

I will need to vary from my method and hope to scalp a few points BEFORE hitting a loss to create some "operating" room.

If I am successful Monday, you will see a number of small profits, as that is the only way to create some room to trade with less risk of busting the account on a single loss.

When, and if, I am able to build the account to around $800.00 I will then begin to trade more systematically. Should I fail, I will send in funds and resume the experiment after the 1st with an $800+ balance to give me a reasonable shot at success.

Either way I will post the account statment Tuesday for Monday's close.

I have agreed not to discuss any solicitous information on this or any other thread, so will make no such references or comments.

Happy Hanukkah to our Jewish members.
    Have a great weekend.

Oten

#13     Dec 20, 2003
  4. Albert

Albert

I don't know if taking a bunch of small trades is the answer. Maybe stalking a trend and buying a pullback, then NOT closing out the position and keeping a breakeven stop plus $10 for the commission might be the way to go. At least there is the possibility of recouping the loss if you get lucky. The problem with taking lots of trades is that they each require the same amount of discipline, which you cannot possibly have yet. Believe me, you're gonna get blown out scalping on a small account. Which is frustrating because even if there's a big run you still only get your 1-2 points. Better to risk the account on an established trend with the odds in your favor than die a thousand deaths 1-2 points at a time.
    JMHO
    Albert

#14     Dec 20, 2003
  5. pspr

pspr

Just dump $300 more into the account and start with your experiment. This sounds like an excuse just like other posters have said about you.

#15     Dec 20, 2003
  6. At the risk of condemnation and ridicule... wtf are we talking about here?! We're reduced to discussing the trading of a $580 account, lordy, times must be tough...

Aren't you the same poster that hyped some $250% monthly returns, yet we can't locate enough $$ to cover a monthly car payment?

My ranting may be in poor taste, but I think a moderated forum should have standards of conduct -- including deleting the account of a member who doesn't comprehend the concept of irony.

arb.
    (my final comment on this ridiculous thread)

#16     Dec 20, 2003
  7. Sashe

Sashe

If you don't have money to trade how could you claim you make such outrageous returns? Someone must have broken into your acct and stole all the money?
    If it was on paper its a different story and deserves little attention since (imo) all the trading systems need a stable history of performance before they are offered for sale/rent/subscribing to (which I, frankly, will never understand/believe that someone with a profitable system would offer to sell it).
    I apologize for the inevitable sarcasm in my post but..."no money no funny" (my 3 yrd old line) :p

#17     Dec 20, 2003
  8. If through some method you are able to turn $850 into $10 grand in a short amount of time, that trading strategy will surely cause you to go bust, in half the amount of time.

A goal of 15-20% per month with strict money management is achievable.

Regards

#18     Dec 20, 2003
  9. voodster

voodster

Excuses, excuses. How do you confuse $850 and $580? You had to have sent the money to the broker when you opened the account right? Why don't you just start with $1000 so you'll clear the day trading margin with ease. Then we can see whether you can turn that in to $1000.

(I can't believe how this guy has so many people curious from his big claims)

#19     Dec 20, 2003
  10. oten

oten

Didn't "confuse it", just didn't look first - thought there was $850 or so but when I looked it was $500 +; one of old traders used the account and I just figured as it was sitting there it would be a good one try.

Some of you are just so negative all the time!!

#20     Dec 22, 2003