Camtasia to record trading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by John47, Jan 29, 2009.

1. John47

John47

I just have to figure out how to get it onto my trading comp, if I don't buy it. My trading computer isn't connected to the internet but to a direct line to the exchange.

#11     Feb 4, 2009
  2. ScapGF

ScapGF

There is no way to bring your comp to an internet connection while you are not trading so you can DL the software? From download to install to running the program you've got about 10minutes. Pretty easy.

#12     Feb 4, 2009
  3. I have ab a/c with IB. and for charts i use QT. I want to record prices and play the charts at weekends for educational purposes. How do I go about this with some possibly free software. I will only record YM and ES prices. Please help.thanks

#13     Oct 14, 2011
  4. I know this is an older thread, but I do use recording software from time to time to analyze a particular trading day. Camtasia is one option, but you can get creative and use other tools as well.

GoToMeeting: You can set up a meeting and record your screen minus audio. File sizes vary, so you'd have to experiment a bit with settings and what works for you.

WebEx: Same as above. If you get a license, you can get recordings stored on WebEx's servers.. but there are file limitations.

Also, there's a wikipedia article on screencasting software programs that you can choose from. I highlighted the ones above based on my own experience with them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_screencasting_software

#14     Jan 8, 2012