Campaign Reform

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PocketChange, Oct 16, 2010.

1. In some countries, I've read... if an incumbent either loses in a bid for re-election or declines to run for re-election... the voters get to determine whether or not he will SERVE A 2-YEAR JAIL SENTENCE!

Gotta like THAT idea... :D

#11     Oct 19, 2010
  2. Arnie

Arnie

#12     Oct 19, 2010
  3. Yannis

Yannis

Great idea. Hard to implement, because we humans have invented so many ways to insult and belittle each other. For example, yes, again, I like your idea and I'm very surprised that such an intelligent suggestion came from you... :)

#13     Oct 19, 2010
  4. :D A left handed compliment if there ever was one.

#14     Oct 19, 2010
  5. g222

g222

Term limits for all - yes indeed.
    Campaign funding:
    1. As part of their FCC licensing fees, aLL electronic media should be required to provide ALL candidates equal time to tell their storyies.
    2. As part of their business licensing fees, ALL printed media should be required to provide equal space for each candidate to tell their stories.
    3. Beyond that, budgets should be established to cover other necessary expenses in operating local, state and national campaigns. With donaltion limitations in force, contributations could be solicited as they are now until the budget amount is reached - after which no more funds would be needed nor required to be raised --- and none further allowed. If seeking public office, a wealthy candidate would be prohibited from outspending an opponent.

#15     Oct 19, 2010
  6. The real goal is to clean house in the govt payroll.

No felons can vote pursuant to the 14th Amendment. If they permanently lose their voting rights in only makes sense that they be barred from being a govt employee or hold any office. I think government contracts also bar felons from participating.

No new laws, No debate these enforcement tools are already in force.

Stop the payoffs and the Cash from flowing and you stop a significant amount of corruption and influence peddling.

Corporations are not citizens eligible to vote and should be expressly barred from making any contributions or providing any gift or benefit to any candidate or employee of our Govt. No matter how the lawyers justify their lobbying activities IMHO its a flat out kick backs, bribes and influence peddling.

I would take it as far as felony convictions for any Govt employee who accepts anything and each of the influencing parties (Individually and their corporations)... A coffee mug, lunch, a ride, free services, pens, cash, hookers, scooby snacks... doesn't matter.. one strike and your out for life.

I believe the Constitution starts "We the people" and not "We the Corporations" or "We the Shareholders".

I would take foreign donations and influence even further.. In addition to the above felony charges I would charge the candidate or govt employee with treason.

An entire division of our Supreme Court can be set up to fast track these proceedings. Very public and done with Chinese expediency.

No one trusts anyone because they are all on the take in one form or other. They are both political parties of Power, Influence and Cocaine...

Jail is too good for these guys... just black list them and let them figure out how they are going to survive.

Turn the payoffs around and reward the whistle blowers. Give them a 10% reward and let the snitching begin.

#16     Oct 19, 2010
  7. Corporate doesn't want campaign finance reform and thats the way its going to stay. They've even corrupted The Supreme Court.

#17     Oct 19, 2010