Camarilla equeation?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by luk122, Dec 23, 2003.

1. luk122

luk122

Anybody using it with any success?

2. MartinD

MartinD

I took a look at this out of curiosity a while back - levels are always of interest to me.

It is easy to work out their calculation if you pay any attention to how the numbers come out of their calculator.

Are they similar to Floor Pivots? Yes. Are they just as arbitrary? Yes. Do they work? Not for me. If anyone is using them successfully, then I say more power to you, but until someone is able to show me something above the occassional support/resistance coincidence, then I'll have to say steer clear.

3. MartinD

MartinD

Another word about this service. If you are placing any weight in this websites past performance reports, don't. They seem to operate similarly to some other services out there - the fine print tells you that they figure their P/L per trade on the largest favorable move from their signal. Example: A breakout occurs above their top resistance level and goes up 1 point before dropping 20 points the rest of the day. Result: Congratulations! You just made a one point profit! A monkey banging on a keyboard all day can have a near perfect trade record if that monkey is allowed to pick his exits in hindsight" which is what those monkeys are trying to slip by you in their past performance reports.

I quizzed SureFireThing about how they work out their profits, and whether I or any trader could duplicate them exactly when trading realtime, heres what they said:

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Profit Potential for any given day using the Camarilla Calculator (original version) is determined as the distance between the HL4 and the high for the maximum breakout upwards, plus the distance between the LL4 and the low for the maximum breakout downwards, plus, if appropriate, the distance between the HL3 / LL3 and the day's close for those traders trading within the 'chop zone'. While it is unlikely you will catch either the exact high or low of the day, often intraday trading gives several trades within the L3 zone, so in our opinion, any overstatement on breakouts is balanced by understatement of internal L3 trades. Points for the day are multiplied by $250 to represent a single S&P contract.
    Different traders with different trading profiles will achieve results which are different to the profit portential.
    Regards
    SFT
    Support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. titrader

titrader

Camarilla Equation is nothing else than a list of pivot points.
    You cannot patent this system. No patent bureau would accept your submitting a math formula . Only Camarilla is patented as a trade mark. There are many pivot points around which work much better than Camarilla. By the way, I am in the commodity market since 1968. Never heard about the guy who should invented this formula.

5. Hi titrader,

Any possibility for getting this formula at ET?

In fact this is ridiculous, we are reading about Carmilla for years now and nobody seems to have a clear idea what we are talking about. Wit a proper definition, I bet many people would have a rigorous look at it to definitely debunk it.

Thx. titrader

nononsense

6. ig0r

ig0r

Ya sure, here's the cam equation, cracked by me a few months ago

HL5 = (hi/lo)*close
    HL4 = ( ((hi/lo)+0.83)/1.83 ) *close
    HL3 = ( ((hi/lo)+2.66)/3.66 ) *close
    LL5 = close - (HL5-close)
    LL4 = close - (HL4-close)
    LL3 = close - (HL3-close)

that should be it

7. titrader

titrader

Bravo Igor,
    I'm sure , we will see the DJ-Index under 9000 next Monday because you disclosed the most secret formula of the century

8. Thank you ig0r.

9. ig0r

ig0r

:D Trading since the 60's? How long ago did you retire?

10. IgOr
    Congratulations, you are a super sleuth but does it work? The next question for you to answer is where are the WMD?
    regards

#10     Mar 20, 2004