CallingID

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by r-in, Jul 27, 2010.

1. r-in

r-in

Anyone come across this on their computer? It shows on my list of recent documents, and when I click on it it comes up as an Access databse with a password which I don't know the password. Not sure it's a scam that the kids downloaded or not. It claims to be a toolbar add on that checks websites for crap.
    Any thoughts apprectiated.

2. Never heard of it. I did a google check and it appears like a legitimate website, but at the same time, it's probably just a bunch of spyware, malware, adware BS that you don't want.

I'd get rid of it if I were you and then do a good scan of your computer.

You don't really need that stuff. Just don't download things or go to sites that you don't trust.

3. r-in

r-in

That's all I found on it also. I don't know where it came from, but it shows as created in 2005. Oddly though it never showed up before now. I deleted it and I will see if it shows up again when I fire up tommorow.

4. cstfx

cstfx

5. r-in

r-in

Thanks, I did see that, but it is from 2006 and I really didn't find anything newer. I have no idea where it came from and if it was really on my computer since 2005 as indicated, why did it just show up in the last month in my recent documents list?
    Made me nervous so I deleted it.