Calling the beginning at the end...how newbies make market calls.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by areyoukidding?, Oct 14, 2005.

1. TGregg

TGregg

Not trying to be harsh or anything. I dunno how many times I've said (in a chat room I hang out in) something like "Looks like we might be heading in x direction" only to put on a trade in the other direction two minutes later. Flexibility in trading is important, and an unwavering belief in future market direction will get you killed. The market greatly enjoys teaching me that particular lesson, LOL. Search for a thread started by BeyondPain for a painful example.

One might find more respect should one refrain from posting hunches, and supplied charts, facts, stats, reasons and evidence for a call.

#13     Oct 14, 2005
  2. Cheese

Cheese

Wrong.
    Horsesh*t that is a self-fullfilling prophecy to fail.

Study, research, analysis, dedication and application to unlock the keys of success in a given market can pursued by the few with the capability to assemble the trading model needed. Admittedly few it seems rigorously go about this problem solving challenge so as to actually master the market but it can be done.
    :)

#14     Oct 14, 2005
  3. Interesting thanks, I think during the time you quoted me the dow went from 10700 to 10160 yesterday. Kudos.

The keep it cool, too many doomsdays, etc. were because everyone is trying to make the same mkt call. And when prevailing opinion is at an optimum you can take the other side.

Case in point yesterday, no relief rallies ever again, dow 8000, etc. this provided a great opportunity to take the other side of newbie ignorance. just like all the Refco posts, people are so happy the "big guy" got nailed finally. its a joke.

#15     Oct 14, 2005
  4. Great, fresh meat... :D I hope they bring a lot of money...

#16     Oct 14, 2005