Calling it here first - Fiorina as McCain's VP

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hughb, Mar 15, 2008.

1. hughb

hughb

First of all, I like Carly Fiorina. I'm stating this up front because I know how some of the more conservative members here hate her, (and women of power in general).

Another "you heard it here first" - Fiorina for Prez in 2012. Mccain will be to old and sick to run for re-election.

A lot of people poo-pooed the HP/CPQ merger when it happened, but now that it's all said and done it wasn't such a bad thing after all. She was right all along.

2. you are not far off. there is a good chance they will offer it to another female.... Gov of Ct, M Jodi Rell. You read it here first.

3. I think a conservative southerner.

4. Mercor

Mercor

Governor Bobby Jindal of LA...

Maybe a bit young...but look for him to become a national figure in the republican party....Mccain may be a one termer....Jindal may the the Obama of the GOP ready to move up.

5. saxon

saxon

Fiorina would probably be a smart choice for him. The worst thing he could do would be to follow his instincts and choose another old soldier like himself. He needs to work on casting his age as an asset and not a liability, imo. Having a capable young women by his side as a running mate would help a lot. It would also counter the novelty of the Democratic potentials.

McCain seems all too content to project an image of "I have experience. I know how it's done...and that's how I'm going to continue to do it." Ronald Reagan redo.

Biggest mistake, politically and philosophically, of Bush Sr. in 1992 was to pooh-pooh "the vision thing". People want to move forward....even conservatives.