Calling all Echo and Bright traders

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Glimmer Twin, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Not really in NYC, we were on 120 Broadway for 10 years, but when GS left the building...so did we. Most of our growth the last few years has been with remote trading...and, since everyone is connected to the "Mother ship" . mentor, manager, team, me, etc. every second of every day...the cyber office situation has made the best of both worlds.

All traders are welcome to start an affiliate location...sort of a "free franchise"....which has really been taken advantage of by some top traders.

That being said.... Boston, Miami, Detroit, Chicago, Austin, Irvine, Arcadia, Las Vegas of course, Langley and Vancouver BC. Phoenix.. and probably a couple I can't think of right now since I'm sitting in a hotel room in Tempe AZ getting ready for a get together, LOL. Most are affiliates, not corporate offices.

All the best,

Don

#41     Apr 16, 2009
  2. Don,

Is the pair trading automated at Bright?

#42     Jul 6, 2009
  3. We have several "flavors" of pairs trading at work.... from pure manual, gray box to black box. I prefer to see a well designed and monitored "dark gray) box, LOL.

Don

#43     Jul 6, 2009
    #44     Jul 6, 2009
  5. Does Bright Trading advertise, refer clients to, or financially support any of these affiliates?

#45     Jul 7, 2009
  6. Don,

Is that Langley Virginia?

#46     Jul 7, 2009

7. I've ask about affiliates and don't seem to be able to get and answer from Bright:confused:

#47     Jul 7, 2009
    #48     Jul 7, 2009
  9. i am surprised that both Echo and Bright are more backwards than IB. I don't believe IB charges for "illegal shorts" (somebody plz correct me on that). I assume IB has an algorithm to mark the orders properly automatically.

#49     Apr 16, 2010
  10. CBSX vs. FINRA:

Don, perhaps you can clarify some of the inconsistencies I've been reading/hearing regarding CBSX firms vs. FINRA, thanks.

Inconsistency 1: Capital contributions are SIPC insured? Some CBSX firms say "no." FINRA firms such as Bright use SIPC?

Inconsistency 2: CBSX firms require 1-year lock-up on funds, true for FINRA such as Bright? Some say yes, some say no.

Inconsistency 3: LLC's sending K-1's to their traders can only payout 99% max, Bright pays out 100%, yet others say "100% payout is a myth", which is correct?

Inconsistency 4: Even if you're U-4 cleared, and trade with a CBSX, you still need series 7 if you go and trade for Bright (and Echo), yes or no?

These are the current debates among the various posts I've been through, hope you can answer, thanks again...

#50     Apr 17, 2010