Calling all Echo and Bright traders

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Glimmer Twin, Mar 11, 2009.

1. i am really surprised that a "manager" would supercede a great strategy like opening orders handed down by the firm owners. i did not realize that would have that much latitude. pretty bizzare.

surf

#11     Mar 11, 2009
  2. thanks.

#12     Mar 11, 2009
  3. Midas

Midas

Pair trading is the biggest thing at Bright these days. Most do opening orders at the open and then transition to pairs and throughout the day. Many also do mergers. Good firm IMO..

If you are interested in training Bright has a mentor group, ask Don about joining that when you get started. The guys that run it are top notch arb traders.

I do not know much about Echo but have hear good things. A few Bright traders left to start that firm a few years back.

Good luck :cool:

#13     Mar 11, 2009
  4. jnbadger

jnbadger

Been with echo for quite some time now. Training depends on the office. I personally think it's a great firm.

Don't know much about Bright other than the fact than one of our guys left our office for Bright because he wanted to pair trade. Not sure how he's doing. No one I know pair trades other than for the quick intraday hedge.

FWIW.

#14     Mar 11, 2009
  5. ess1096

ess1096

[​IMG]

Oh wait..... this is the Echo and BRIGHT thread?? my bad!

#15     Mar 11, 2009
  6. Mr and Mrs John Q Public .

Good luck dealing the that "Group". They have Zero money to invest and I would imagine you'r gonna have a hell of a time being a "STOCK BROKER", Financial Adv. Pushing "Investments' to the "Middle Class", who has not a pot to piss in.

Fuck, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes....

"Plenty of 6 digit figuers in that "Cold Call" book." has now been turned into 2 digits, if they haven't got the pink slip yet from Corporate America.

E

#16     Mar 11, 2009
  7. jnbadger

jnbadger

Great info, thanks for your contribution.

#17     Mar 11, 2009
  8. #18     Mar 11, 2009
  9. Thanks...this obviously happened years ago....as well as the "uptick" stuff mentioned. The 30 to one with us is overnight, big difference.

But, in all fairness...Echo is a good firm, just a bit different I'm told from the guys who came back since they were taken over by Merrill Lynch.

Rob and Jeff are good guys.....

Why not simply chat with both of us, come by the office(s).... for a big decision like this, a few bucks might be well spent.

All the best,

Don

#19     Mar 11, 2009
  10. what diff since Merrill?
    the net sheet reporting is different..and if anything the short list is better.
    no other difference that i've noticed.

#20     Mar 11, 2009