Call to Arms - We Must Fight the 0.25% Stock Transaction Tax

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Mr. EB, Jan 18, 2009.

1. I'm sorry but any trader that says this is a good thing or that it wouldn't effect them clearly does not actually trade and make money. Many "traders" have been exposed in this thread, I'm shocked Stock_Trad3r hasn't praised this tax yet.

#51     Jan 19, 2009
  2. Again, cap gains will INCREASE, because frequent traders on average LOSE money, compared to long term investors.

#52     Jan 19, 2009
  3. #53     Jan 19, 2009
  4. Oh yeah, I'm sure the Congressmen will care sooo much. Just like they cared for the overwhelming opposition to the TARP bailout. It's very simple, your government does not give a sh*t about your stance on the matter, it does not represent the people and has not for decades. Wake up!

Accept it, adapt and move on. The faster you take these steps, the better you will be in the future.

At some point you have to face this fact. Wall Street is not your playing field. It was established by a select clubs of elites. You are simply allowed to participate in it, and by doing so, you uphold how they run their game. If you don't like how it is done, don't participate. Simple as that.

#54     Jan 19, 2009
  5. WOW....you miss two VERY MAJOR points!!! :confused:

1) - Mounting up the troops against a tax on trading is an ABSOLUTE joke, in relation to NOT fighting against the government stealing from taxpayers and destroying the constitutional basis of the country as directed by their globalist masters!!! :mad:

2) - There is no illusion to the TRILLIONS that were ripped out of the a$$ of the american taxpayer.....and more to come!!! Ready to do anything about that yet??? :eek:

Nope.....most of you just sit back in your timid and docile state of INACTION as the theft continues! :mad: No "call to arms" and no fight....just psychologically DEFEATED thoughts of rationalized acceptance of the horrid immoral activity by our current BROKEN government! I hope you will all ENJOY the the future of what you have just accepted! :eek:

#55     Jan 19, 2009
  6. This is correct in the analysis, but in the TARP proposal, the democrats got greedy and wanted .25% for derivatives as well :(

#56     Jan 19, 2009
  7. Excellent Post!

Once unthinkable, now unstoppable
    Obama-lama

PS. To clarify some confusion by certain ET members, my signature "Once unthinkable, now unstoppable" refers to the radical financial and governmental changes now underway worldwide. There is exactly ZERO racial undertones, overtones, flavor, or insinuation. Some ET members are just really ignorant.

#57     Jan 19, 2009
  8. trendy

trendy

And you have done exactly what????

#58     Jan 19, 2009
  9. Yikes some pretty scary stuff in that paper you posted. The author mentions volume potentially dropping 50 -75% in some markets (taking levels back 25 years) but then says not a big deal as there was plenty of liquidity in those markets in the 1980's. What the hell is this guy smoking? Not a big deal my a**...

-Guru

#59     Jan 19, 2009
  10. .025 or .25?

#60     Jan 19, 2009