Call me stupid, but I dont understand.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by cashmoney69, Oct 27, 2006.

1. I was bored, so I went to hotjobs.com and typed in the words "equity trader" to see what yould come up. I found this one prop firm called Lynx Capital Partners ( http://www.lynxtrading.com/c_training.html ).

The part I dont understand is that they offer training, but only to "the most qualified candidates". What does that mean? I thought anyone with a couple grand and a series 7 could work at a prop?. My search at hotjobs.com ( http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/jobseeker/...AkGP2EaPd0AehJv.HYtA3OT6Q6IX?job_id=JDUK45PTP ) shows that I only need 1 year experiance. Well I've been trading for almost a year now.

Another thing I found that was intersting is that they require that you have a series 55 and 63 certifications, while most only require a series 7.

cm69

2. ken__0

ken__0

yeah i notice alot want a resume too. wtf, fill it out in crayon and send it to them.

3. rosy2

rosy2

why would any day trading prop shop require a series 7 or any license? they are buyside.

4. Danulous

Danulous

lynx does require 7,63,and55. they do offer training for new people who are new to the business and i don't think there is capital contribution for those people. they are training them at their own risk essentially. from what i know it's not a class or anything, it's just mentors or a team of other traders that guide the new people and it's up to the new people to ask questions after a certain period to develop themselves to be consistent. i think it's nice for those new people.

i know they were at some career fairs at colleges in NYC and NJ, so to them "only accepting the most qualified candidates," i'm not so sure about that. i guess they mean after those people they recruit pass the 7, then they are "qualified" :/

5. Fractal

Fractal

7 because it's the law with that kind of leverage. 63 for trading outside of the home office's state. 55 for NASDAQ and ECN transactions, I believe.

6. lmao