Call me crazy but......

Discussion in 'Trading' started by lilduckling, Jul 18, 2005.

1. I will be shorting TWX this afternoon, and the oef, as well as some s&p's. I have more stocks on the list, but I don't think I am going to get an entry signal on them.

#11     Jul 18, 2005
  2. WELL......so far.....DIS +.25 .....NAV +.31
    a total of +.56 points on first day.

And yes i think it was smart of me to dump my 5 long positions today.....had them for a week and only netted 1.46 pts (2 winners 2 BE and two losers) ...mediocre. Couldn't bring myself to keep them...i mean look at the daily and weekly charts of the DOW, NAS, and S&P.........S / R and candles are saying something here.

CNBC just commented on exactly what i said about the markets...."looking tired" running into resistance". So don't really understand why you all are laughing at me.

As far as my comments about being confused...i was just making light of my trades....the sectors for these 2 stocks look like crap...NAV, i was looking at the weekly chart more so than the daily...considering holding it for the next month or so depending on mkts....but when you do that you shouldn't manage your risk control through the daily chart....may come up and slap ya before heading on its way to your target in the weekly chart. thats way im not as happy with it.

Guys laugh at me if you want....but i have no delusions about the markets...i know how hard it is to make money...my other posts state that.

#12     Jul 18, 2005
  3. This statement

answers this

#13     Jul 18, 2005
  4. lilduckling, good plays

I guess ET particpants don't like any sort of weakness,

Never show that you don't know about your posiiton :D hehhehe

always go "I know exactly whats going to happen, NAV DOWN 10 points , friday 10:00 when alan picks up the speakerphone and drops it on his left toe"

That'll take you to the top tier of the traders :D

#14     Jul 18, 2005
  5. ========================
    Lilduckling;
    Not sure why you feel shorting DIS is crazy?????

However putting so many ''.......'' in one sentence;
    calling SPX or SPY tired in this bull market,
    feeling like because CNBC agrees with you is a confirmation;
    now those last three , agree with you ,are crazy.
    I agree.:cool:

All right , figured the CNBC agree was a joke.:D

#15     Jul 18, 2005
  6. Ok so i was wrong about the market....even though i still feel we may head lower after this week. But point is i just didn't sit there like a frog on a log staring at my positions, hope they would move in right direction. I immediately covered NAV for an exact break even...i didn't like the way it was acting at all. I'm still short DIS...when mkt rallied a few days ago...DIS was so weak couldn't even hold its ground...i liked that play from the start...(being a duck and all and its disney:D )
    So even though i was wrong in thinking mkts would fall earlier in the week, and being wrong in shorting NAV......Im now up by +.74 pts.

#16     Jul 22, 2005