CALL 11500 on Dow Jones index

Discussion in 'Options' started by arturo3, Sep 16, 2006.

1. arturo3

arturo3

Thanks for the answer. I have the CALL 11500 on Dow Jones Index.

Arturo.

#11     Sep 17, 2006
  2. Grant

Grant

My darkness has just got darker.

Grant.

#12     Sep 17, 2006
  3. MTE

MTE

Can you provide the exact ticker of the underlying?

Is it DJX? If it is then you can't have an 11500 call, you can have an 115 call though.

#13     Sep 17, 2006
  4. arturo3

arturo3

The ticker is: DJI.
    The name is : Dow Jones Industrial Avg.

Thanks again.

Arturo

#14     Sep 17, 2006
  5. on my platform there is no such symbol as DJI that is tradable. ALSO if you go to Yahoo finance and look it up (DJI)you will notice that there are no options print available because you can't trade options on "DJI". As was pointed out to you...you can trade the indicies only thru exchanges that offer the products such as DJX (CBOE). What exchange did you go thru and what is your brokerage? What was the OPRA code?

#15     Sep 17, 2006
  6. Auturo DJI is an invalid ticker symbol your wasting ppl's time here

#16     Sep 17, 2006
  7. arturo3

arturo3

OK. The story is this one. I made it simpler, but apparently didn't wotk.

I bought CALL 11500 on DJI sold by goldman sachs on the italian market. They are called "covered warrants" and are sold only on the italian market. However, they told me will that they will refer to the CBOE price for the reimbursement. Since this price is apparently not reported, probably they meant the DJX and not DJI. They might also have used those options, i mean the DJX ones, to hedge their position and for this reason they need to refer to its price.

#17     Sep 17, 2006
  8. OK thats makes sense..thanks for the explanation, hopefully someone more familiar with this more "exotic" trade will help. good luck

#18     Sep 17, 2006
  9. ror, solo in italia per grazia di dio.

#19     Sep 17, 2006
  10. arturo3

arturo3

l

For the benefit of other users, I translate this: Only in Italy, thanks godness.

What is your problem? Italy? Goldman Sachs? The DJI?

:confused:

#20     Sep 18, 2006