California

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, Jun 22, 2017.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

[​IMG]
    California has so much solar power, it's giving it away
    On 14 days during March, Arizona utilities got a gift from California: free solar power. That helped save Arizona electricity customers millions this year, though grid operators declined to say exactly how much. And California also has paid other states to take power.(L.A. Times)

JefeTrader and comagnum like this.
  2. dealmaker

dealmaker

California is a compassionate state...

3. lindq

lindq

Well, yes, but isn't giving solar power to Arizona something akin to sending ice to Eskimos?

vanzandt and beerntrading like this.
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

Nope, because:

1. Electricity can be transferred. I know, a novel concept. You generate it where the Sun shines the most...
    2. Those ACs don't run on coal power and the heat is 120F there right now. One of the biggest usage of electricity in hot climates is AC.

dealmaker likes this.
  5. dealmaker

dealmaker

No, while Arizona has plenty of sunshine apparently not enough solar farms; whereas Eskimos have plenty of ice.

6. java

java

That's because they spend all their money on a/c and if they raise taxes people will just move to California where apparently electricity is now free.

dealmaker likes this.
  7. ironchef

ironchef

I wonder why the Cali utilities don't pay me to use more, instead they pay other state users to use more? I guess, only in California!!!

dealmaker likes this.
  8. dealmaker

dealmaker

Calif. the world’s fifth largest economy? Look out, Britain
    Frustrated about unaffordable housing or clogged freeways? Think of it as the price you pay for living in one of the world’s largest economies. California’s economy ranked sixth in the world in 2016, according to rankings released by Palo Alto economist Stephen Levy. California’s economy is growing so quickly that Levy thinks the state will overtake the United Kingdom this year for No. 5. (Standard-Examiner)

9. ironchef

ironchef

You won't know we are an economic power if you live in LA. Lots of places feel just like third world and need foreign aids perhaps from northern Cal, the richer half of California. And the potholes on LA streets!

10. Joe_D

Joe_D

A California woman walks into her accountant’s office in Woodland Hills and tells him that she needs to file her taxes. The accountant says, “Before we begin, I’ll need to ask a few questions.”

He gets her name, address, social security number, etc. and then asks, “What is your occupation?” The woman replies, “I’m a whore.”

The accountant balks and says, “No, no, no. That will never work. That is much too crass. Let’s try to rephrase that.”

The woman, “Ok, I’m a prostitute.” “No, that is still too crude. Try again.” They both think for a minute, then the woman states, “I’m a chicken farmer.” The accountant asks, “What does chicken farming have to do with being a whore or a prostitute?”

“Well, I raised over 5,000 cocks last year.”

#10     Jul 18, 2017