California....what happened?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Stosh, Feb 9, 2009.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Raise their pay? I don't think so. How about no pay and term limits? Yeah! Let's find out who really wants to serve the people, instead of themselves.

Also, a change to the constitution is in order, requiring real government accountability and televised executions for corrupt politicians. I'm thinking this would fix a bunch of stuff.

#11     Feb 9, 2009
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

BSAM for president!

#12     Feb 9, 2009
  3. Humpy

Humpy

I keep suggesting to you guys. Open up that bijou residence on it's own island in the middle of San Fransisco Bay.

#13     Feb 9, 2009
  4. Manni

Manni

that could apply to Africa....

btw Robert Mondavi, nice wines from California.

#14     Feb 9, 2009
  5. Humpy

Humpy

Think of all that fresh air, the stunning views, no burglars, salesmen, politicians or other riff raff to ruin your day !

When's it up for auction ? Might put a bid in myself :D

If you wanna know the answer why not go ask DA TOIMINATOR ??

#15     Feb 9, 2009
  6. That's a big picture of "what's wrong" with a lot of places. The small picture is that you can only spend so long spending more than you earn - taxes are too low when a state runs out of money (for whatever reason).

#16     Feb 9, 2009
  7. gnome

gnome

If you look at the "collective voter groups"... the "pays no taxes and won't work" group has a BIGGER vote than the "hard working and responsible".

The Gummint doesn't care about "right" or "fair"... all they care about are getting elected, getting re-elected, and getting the money... wherever and however are of minor importance.

#17     Feb 9, 2009
  8. indexer

indexer

California has population swings where productive people move in as the economy takes off, then as the economy tops off, they sell their houses and leave the state to retire or move back home.

That leaves the low income group as a larger percent of the economy. Higher services cost and less income from taxes.

#18     Feb 9, 2009
  9. It sucks here right now. I work in the construction industry and it is dying a quick death. I live in Napa Valley and even the big cats are being affected by this one. Much fewer mega mansions being built. There is a lot of concern if the ultra wine market will make it through this BS. Many people are heading back to mexico because there is a lack of work. Still with all this crazy shit going on, most people plan to stick it out here. Todays forecast partial showers low 30's highs in the 50's. http://www.vagablond.com/images/Napa Valley Mustard.jpg

#19     Feb 9, 2009
  10. Well, if history is anything to go by ... think about it, it might have something to do with the combination of the beautiful weather and the main "working class" language .... :confused:

#20     Feb 9, 2009