California unemployment rate reaches 11.9%

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Good point.
    The vast majority of the Uber Rich posess VERY few liquid assets in USDollars, cuz the vast majority of the Super Rich aren't Americans.
    They come here to play, make a little more cash, laugh at the fat Wal Mart shoppers, and then jet off to their next play date.

#21     Aug 21, 2009
  2. maxpi

maxpi

The ultimate business is trading as an individual, no employees at all.. it's astounding the amount of money that can be made with a few hundred a month in business related costs...

I wouldn't want an employee in the US... I know what i was like when I worked.. and some were worse.. maybe not that many but still...

I asked a small business guy "how many people work at your company?".....

he says "about half, maybe"

#22     Aug 21, 2009
  3. What he was landscape immigrant.....Mow ..blow...go..guy?

You really need to move. There coming to get ya!!

:D

#23     Aug 21, 2009
  4. There you go... shrink your way to big profits! :p

#24     Aug 21, 2009
  5. At some point, businesses can't cut anymore employees or costs if they want to keep their doors open.

At that point, they need revenue growth and greater sales. This highly improbably in an economy that continues to shed jobs, sees asset values continue to decline, sees falling wages, and has a demographic tidal wave whereby retiring baby boomers become net sellers of assets to raise liquidity for retirement, putting further deflationary pressure on asset prices.

So, the whole idea that corporate profits can be maintained, or, even more ludicrously, grown, through perpetual cost cutting is a myth.

#25     Aug 22, 2009
  6. drcha

drcha

Maybe there will be a reverse Grapes of Wrath. Calis will be the new Okies. They'll move to Oklahoma where the (wind farm stimulated) jobs will be. A load o' Joads on I-10 will be great for the Arizona/New Mexico economies.

Another possibility: anger becomes so great that they kick all the illegal aliens out. I realize aliens have children who are US citizens, but they would take them away as well--people don't leave their children behind. The Calis who can't pay the gasoline bill to drive their Prius to Okla Cit can stay behind and take those jobs, becoming maids, cooks, roofers, gardeners, etc. Assuming there is anyone left who can pay for a maid or gardener.

It will be interesting to see what happens to crime in the state. Maybe they can try to make a business out of it? Perhaps the prisoners can make plastic trinkets for Walmart cheaper than they can be imported.

Glad I got out of there several years ago and am not paying my 9% income tax to Ahh-nold.

#26     Aug 22, 2009